See the talk page for general discussion about Wikiversity policies.
Please note that the Wikiversity project proposal underlies these policies.
Policies required by the Wikimedia Foundation Edit
These policies are listed at Meta:Policies and guidelines. They may change from time to time, but are outside the direct control of the Wikiversity community and must be followed by Wikiversity. Nevertheless, contradictions may exist within material on meta, and between material on meta and the WV project proposal.
Neutral point of view Edit
Neutral point of view is adopted by some Wikimedia projects. Wikiversity has explicitly developed policies that allow participants to NOT use the neutral point of view (NPOV) in some situations. Editing outside of the constraints imposed by NPOV imposes other special requirements on editors. Most Wikiversity pages adhere to NPOV.
Existing policies Edit
This is a list of official policies that have been adopted on the English Wikiversity (the link shows the voting). The adoption process is discussed on the talk page. A policy should already have the Template:Policy banner before being added to this list.
Best practice guidelines Edit
These policy-like documents contain guidelines which have not been voted on or which have not achieved formal consensus in a poll, but which have become established in practice.
Proposed Policies Edit
Note: some of these policies were rejected by vote shortly after Wikiversity's foundation. These policies should be tagged for revision if not already revised, and then resubmitted for approval.
Course Titles and Numbers Edit
Content policies Edit
- Cite sources
- Wikiversity:Free license content
- Academic freedom
- Disclosures (incorporates NPOV and Confessions)
- Naming conventions (rejected by 3:2 in August 2006; 1 abstention); (As of August 2009, it is rejected 7:3:3 on its talk page; the policy is clearly unacceptable in its current form)
- Network naming conventions
- Scholarly ethics (rejected by 2:0 in August 2006; 1 abstention)
- What Wikiversity is not (rejected by 5:3 in August 2006)
- Wikiversity:External links
Enforcing policies Edit
Proposed Guidelines Edit
- Wikiversity mission
- Administrator Creation and Behavioral Criteria Guidelines and Policy (rejected by 1:0 in August 2006)
- Resolving disputes
- Proposed Hierarchical Structure
Rejected policies Edit
The following policies have been rejected so clearly that they should probably not be revived in any new form. They are listed here to help avoid repetition.
- Ignore all rules (rejected by 6:1 in August 2006)