"Education [...] is a process of living and not a preparation for future living." — John Dewey (discuss)
Wikifunctions logo contestEdit
01:51, 2 March 2021 (UTC)
Is a guide to a specific University appropriate for Wikiversity?Edit
Hello. As an upperclassman I often find myself offering guidance on available resources on and off campus to underclassmen at my university (IE: Research materials available at the university library, computer lab resources, financial aid, etc.). General guides exist on Wikibooks, but they are super general, and aren't specific to the region, much less the school. Rather than reinventing the wheel for each person who asks, I figured I might write an instructional course here (Similar to the one offered at the university for first year students, but a bit more comprehensive and independently organized) and point them to that. Thinking long term, I think some members of the local Linux club might be interested in maintaining such a guide after I graduate. However I wanted to confirm that such an instructional guide would be acceptable here before I went ahead and made it. Thank you for your time! --Mbrickn (discuss • contribs) 22:22, 2 March 2021 (UTC)
- @Mbrickn: This seems to be consistent with the Wikiversity:Mission. Go for it. You might also ask others at your university to help contribute vs. doing the whole thing yourself. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 03:03, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- Agreed that this is a valid idea. Please let me know if you need any help. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 03:15, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
I was reviewing statistics and noticed that total page views was up 123% compared to January. This appears to be genuine interest, with the top 1000 pages viewed generally having much higher page counts in February than in January. It's an interesting trend. I don't know what caused it, but I hope it continues. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 17:26, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
night time/dark theme?Edit
- @Michael Ten: So far as I know, no. I use the Dark Reader Chrome extension. T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 08:23, 6 March 2021 (UTC)
- There are a ton of user styles at en.wp that can probably be ported here and modified to meet your needs if you have any background with CSS. You could also try Firefox plugins like this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/midnight-lizard-quantum/?utm_source=addons.mozilla.org&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=search —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 04:31, 7 March 2021 (UTC)
I have discovered something related to my draft research project. I do not know if this is trivial or if it is serious, it is related to proxies and how they access Wikimedia project entities(don't know if I used the right term here). What do I do if I want to disclose something in a responsible way? Is there a list of Wikimedia Project entities anywhere which I could find? LotsofTheories (discuss • contribs) 07:58, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
- @LotsofTheories: It sounds like you're saying that you know of some kind of serious security flaw or somesuch. I don't know the best person to contact bu this i sa good place to start: https://wikimediafoundation.org/about/contact/ —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 08:29, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
- Part of what I said was related to me being unsure if this is serious or if nobody would blink an eye regarding what I found: "I do not know if this is trivial or if it is serious, it is related to proxies and how they access Wikimedia project entities". I'm considering notifying Wikimedia through their email but to make sure that the email is confidential I will learn GPG, a resource which I'm going to create and develop while I learn how to use gpg in general and in relation to emails(which I am of the opinion I need). This might take days/weeks/months but I think the knowledge I'll gain will be worth it. LotsofTheories (discuss • contribs) 09:22, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
Stylized drawing page?Edit
Hi, I'm a new user here on the site and I can't seem to find what I'm looking, resources for a more stylized art style. The visual arts portal only has 3 links about drawing: a generic "Drawing" that is focused on a more realistic style, "Botany Ink Drawing" that is more so about drawing plants and stuff about botany and "Vector Drawing", wich isn't really what I'm looking for. Have I just not looked in the right place, or does a page for that not exist? If it doesn't exist, is there a easy-to-follow guide somewhere on how to create and edit a page for that? I'm also really new to wiki stuff, so I don't know how to make pages and edit n such. EuSouAFazenda, 00:07 15/03/2021 UCT-3
- I was checking out Portal:Visual art, but as I had diverted attention to another topic I could not progress, though I have a useful suggestion regarding experimenting with wiki editing:
- In the sidebar: Community, Tools, Wikimedia projects, Print/export, In other projects, In other languages etc. note the Community section. There it says "Sandbox". Click there and it will take you to the Wikiversity sandbox where you can experiment with wiki editing. LotsofTheories (discuss • contribs) 04:21, 15 March 2021 (UTC)
- @EuSouAFazenda: I recommend starting with Category:Art to see if we already have resources like what you are looking for. If you'd like to create something yourself, see Help:Guides. If you still don't find what you are looking for, please let us know. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 13:50, 15 March 2021 (UTC)
Call for review, comment and discuss my PhD thesis on Wikimedia movementEdit
Just a short message to call people interested to review, comment and discuss my PhD thesis on Wikimedia movement. All the best, Lionel Scheepmans ✉ Contact (French native speaker) 19:23, 19 March 2021 (UTC)
Universal Code of Conduct – 2021 consultationsEdit
Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2Edit
The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a universal baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement and all its projects. The project is currently in Phase 2, outlining clear enforcement pathways. You can read more about the whole project on its project page.
Drafting Committee: Call for applicationsEdit
The Wikimedia Foundation is recruiting volunteers to join a committee to draft how to make the code enforceable. Volunteers on the committee will commit between 2 and 6 hours per week from late April through July and again in October and November. It is important that the committee be diverse and inclusive, and have a range of experiences, including both experienced users and newcomers, and those who have received or responded to, as well as those who have been falsely accused of harassment.
To apply and learn more about the process, see Universal Code of Conduct/Drafting committee.
2021 community consultations: Notice and call for volunteers / translatorsEdit
From 5 April – 5 May 2021 there will be conversations on many Wikimedia projects about how to enforce the UCoC. We are looking for volunteers to translate key material, as well as to help host consultations on their own languages or projects using suggested key questions. If you are interested in volunteering for either of these roles, please contact us in whatever language you are most comfortable.
To learn more about this work and other conversations taking place, see Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations.
20:45, 5 April 2021 (UTC)
I am interested in hearing the input of Wikiversity users about the application of the Universal Code of Conduct, especially from the perspective of interactions on Wikiversity. Xeno (WMF) (talk) 23:57, 17 April 2021 (UTC)
Line numbering coming soon to all wikisEdit
-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 15:08, 12 April 2021 (UTC)
Timur Vorkul (WMDE) 14:08, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
multiple english wikiversity's?Edit
has there been discussion ever of multiple english Wikimedia Wikiversities? or at least the ability to have multiple public versions of similar resources? don't like how one page of a Wikimedia English Wikiversity is being modified?! Fork it! Maybe this can sort of be done, but I am not certain how acceptable it is here. thanks and cheers. Michael Ten (discuss • contribs) 03:47, 23 April 2021 (UTC)
- @Michael Ten: The English Wikiversity already supports multiple learning projects on a given subject and multiple subpages with differing perspectives within a given learning project, depending on the learning project and its purpose or target audience. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 21:34, 23 April 2021 (UTC)
The nigerian constitutionEdit
--~pleace I need help. I was requested to review the 1999 nigerian constitution and am finding it difficult.so please can anyone help in reviewing the 1999 nigerian constitution. Email email@example.com (discuss)