Wikiversity the Movie
|This Wikiversity page is of historical interest. You may discuss this page on the talk page, copy all or part of this page to another page for further editing or start a new discussion about this page at the Wikiversity:Colloquium.|
Coming soon to a wiki theater near you !
Time frame: 7th October, 2010 (ready for a Wikiversity Day)
- if you do not like the late date, change + subscribe below :-)
format: downloadable video
- 23 August, 2006 - Project founded!
- 3 January, 2007 - proposed name for the video: "Wikiversity: Education in the new millennium"
- 30 December, 2007 - the goal to create a video until this date was not achieved
- 21 August 2008 - new time frame for movie proposed: 15th August 2009 (the next Wikiversity Day)
- 23 August 2008 - contacted users interested in creating music/soundtrack: see here
- 24 August 2008
- introducing a motivational slogan for the preparations on the Wikiversity movie: "Coming soon to a wiki theater near you !" (credits to User:Darklama)
- searching for additional participants (announcing at several places)
- 25 March 2010 - marketing on Wikiversity:Wikiversity Day/2010
Wikiversity has adopted the "learning by doing" model for education. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple departments. Cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.
These are not the real, final videos - just use them for your imagination what it could look like:
- Wikiversity shorts - participants create short (15 to 60 seconds) promotional videos for Wikiversity
- /already existing movies about Wikiversity (for reusage or generating ideas ?)
Now the detailsEdit
- /Script - participants create the script for the movie
- /Interviews - participants film interviews with students at real universities after telling them about Wikiversity (giving a handout perhaps) and inform them it is free. Shock, disbelief, scepticism will ensue, but the reactions ought to be interesting. These could be made over time until the interviewees are all from Wikipedia and/or a mix or "bricks (and mortar)" students (we could just call them "bricks" for short).
- /music - participants help make the sound track, including original music
- /multi-lingual - participants make the voice track and any text elements for all the Wikiversity project languages.
Searching for initiator:
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace. Simply make a link to the name of the lesson (lessons are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
Related Content Development ProjectsEdit
These divisions and departments have project interests and labs involving Wikiversity the Movie:
If you want to participate please sign up + list your skills/interests: