IT Service and Support
IT Service and Support provides customers or end users with information and support related to an organization's information technology products and services. These support activities are collectively referred to as help desk or service desk functions, and are performed as a subset of IT Service Management (ITSM).
This course is comprised of (n) lessons on IT service and support. Each lesson includes a combination of Wikipedia readings, YouTube videos, and hands-on learning activities. The course also assists learners in preparing for corresponding HDI and ITIL certifications.
This entire Wikiversity course can be downloaded in book form by selecting Download Learning Guide in the sidebar. The corresponding Wikipedia reading collection can be downloaded in book form by selecting Download Reading Guide.
This is a third-semester, college-level course. Learners should already be familiar with introductory computer concepts and computer support concepts.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Management
- Incident Management
- HDI (2013). HDI Customer Service Representative Certification Standard, version 3.1.
- HDI (2012). HDI Desktop Support Technician Certification Standard, version 2.1.
- HDI (2012). HDI Support Center Analyst Standard, version 2.3.
- Knapp, Donna (2011). A Guide to Customer Service Skills for the Service Desk Professional, 3rd Edition. Cengage. ISBN 9780538748537
- Knapp, Donna (2014). A Guide to Service Desk Concepts, 4th Edition. Cengage. ISBN 9781285063454