IT Service and Support/Communication Skills
This lesson introduces communication skills. Activities include .
Objectives and SkillsEdit
Objectives and skills for communication skills include:
- Research professional telephone communication skills. Describe how to answer a call, place a call on hold, transfer a call, take a message, and complete a call.
- Use the Discuss page to post comments and questions regarding this lesson.
- Review the lesson summary, key terms, review questions and flashcards below.
- automatic call distributor
- A device or system that distributes incoming calls to a specific group of terminals that customer service agents use.
- The capacity to recognize emotions that are being experienced by another sentient or fictional being.
- The extent to which a person can cope with changes in circumstances and think about problems and tasks in novel, creative ways.
- interpersonal skills
- The skills a person uses to communicate and interact with others, including persuasion, active listening, delegation, and leadership.
- private branch exchange (PBX)
- A telephone exchange that serves a particular business or office, as opposed to one that a common carrier or telephone company operates for many businesses or for the general public.
- Anticipatory, change-oriented and self-initiated behavior acting in advance of a future situation, rather than reacting to it.
Click on a question to see the answer.