What's it for?Edit
This is a Wikiversity learning resource placed here to help folks with:
- Getting started with sound recording
- Creating music with your PC
- Wiki Campus Radio
- Topic:Audio Engineering
- Topic:Learning Objects (The kind that can be heard)
- Topic:Internet Audio
- Converting to OGG for Wikiversity
- One of the most important uses for Audacity at Wikiversity is to convert WAV and AIFF files to OGG files.
- Wikiversity only uploads OGG files. Attempts to upload other file formats gets a very vague error message so you must use a program like Audacity to do the conversion.
- To do this, start a new page in Audacity. Then IMPORT your WAV or AIFF file. Trim and export to OGG. Very easy!
Audacity article at Wikipedia
The main menu of audacity contains:
- File – New, Open, Close, Save Project, Save Project As, Export... (8 export options), Page Setup, Print, Preferences, Exit
- Edit – Undo, Redo, ... Move Cursor, Snap to...
- View – Zoom In, Zoom Normal, Zoom Out, ... Float Mixer Toolbar, Float Meter Toolbar
- Project – Import Audio, Import Labels, ... Add Label at Playback Selection
- Generate – Silence, Tone, White Noise, ... Plugins 1 .. 32
- Effect – Amplify, BassBoost, ... Reverse, WahWah
- Analyse – Envelope Tracker, ... Peak Monitor
- Help – Online Help, About Audacity
- Audacity at flossmanuals.net
- Audacity team landing page
- Sound editing tutorial by Daveydweeb
- #audacity at FreenodeIRC
- Audacity-JACK Integration (columbia.edu/pipermail post)
- The Audacity of it! (pdf)
- Using Audacity (WikEducator)
|Tools for creating internet content|
Tools for image creation and manipulation
Tools for video creation and editing.
Tools for digital audio file creation and editing.
|See also: Digital media workshop - Related discussion: Free content|