What's it for?Edit
This is a Wikiversity learning resource placed here to help folks with:
- Getting started with sound recording
- Creating music with your PC
- Wiki Campus Radio
- Topic:Audio Engineering
- Topic:Learning Objects (The kind that can be heard)
- Topic:Internet Audio
- Converting to OGG for Wikiversity
- One of the most important uses for Audacity at Wikiversity is to convert WAV and AIFF files to OGG files.
- Wikiversity only uploads OGG files. Attempts to upload other file formats gets a very vague error message so you must use a program like Audacity to do the conversion.
- To do this, start a new page in Audacity. Then IMPORT your WAV or AIFF file. Trim and export to OGG. Very easy!
The main menu of audacity contains:
- File – New, Open, Close, Save Project, Save Project As, Export... (8 export options), Page Setup, Print, Preferences, Exit
- Edit – Undo, Redo, ... Move Cursor, Snap to...
- Select ' make audio selections
- View – Zoom In, Zoom Normal, Zoom Out, ... Float Mixer Toolbar, Float Meter Toolbar
- Transport - Playing, Recording, Scrubbing ...
- Tracks - Add New, Mix, ... Sync-Lock
- Generate – Silence, Tone, Noise, ...
- Effect – Amplify, Auto Duck, ... Truncate Silence, WahWah
- Analyze – Contrast, ... Find Clipping
- Tools - Macros, Screenshot, ... Sample Data Import
- Extra - provides access to Toolbar operations, commands for track focus and movement of the editing or playback cursor
- Help – Online Help, About Audacity
- Audacity team landing page
- Audacity at flossmanuals.net
- #audacity at FreenodeIRC
- Wikipedia article on Audacity
|Tools for creating internet content|
Tools for image creation and manipulation
Tools for video creation and editing.
Tools for digital audio file creation and editing.
|See also: Digital media workshop - Related discussion: Free content|