Planning each shot of the motion picture
We need both beautiful and accurate storyboards
- FrameForge 3D Studio FREEdemo version
- In this lesson, you replace your thumbnail storyboards with very beautiful storyboards using free 3D software. The program you will use is FrameForge 3D Studio's free demo version for either the Macintosh PC or the Windows PC.
- When you are finished, you will have the frames that you need for your animatic (which is a movie made from storyboards.) Therefore, you must be very careful to get the best possible images. These are the final frames you will use. Make them great!
- If you wish, you can watch the FrameForge introduction movie to learn more about FrameForge 3D Studio.
- Why create an animatic?
- Even though you have completed the thumbnail storyboards, you still do not know the timing, pace, and rhythm of the story.
- To get this information, you need to create a movie from the storyboards which is called an animatic. That will give you the timing, pace and rhythm of the story.
- The animatic will also give you a good idea if the movie will be a success or not.
- The thumbnail storyboards are not good enough to make an animatic. You need better looking storyboards which are more detailed and accurate. We can make these storyboards using free 3D software such as FrameForge 3D Studio or free DAZ Studio, etc.
- Note: In this course, we do not use programs such as Storyboard Artist which is only a 2D program. Programs such as Storyboard Quick and Storyboard Artist are great for thumbnail storyboards but are not accurate enough for your animatic.