A school is a large organizational structure which can contain various departments and divisions. These should be listed in the "departments and divisions" section. The school page itself should not contain many learning resources. It may contain some projects for developing learning resources, and it may also contain recommendations for specific programs of study. Most learning resources are linked to from specialized portals in the "Topic:" namespace. The School of Biology is for coordinating the activities of Wikiversity participants who edit the biology-related pages of Wikiversity.
Divisions and departmentsEdit
Divisions and Departments of the School exist on pages in "topic" namespace. Start the name of departments with the "Topic:" prefix; departments reside in the Topic: namespace. Departments and divisions link to learning materials and learning projects. Divisions can link subdivisions or to departments. For more information on schools, divisions and departments look at the Naming Conventions. Note: Some of the subject areas listed below may still have associated pages at Wikibooks that still need to be imported to Wikiversity. If you do not see what you are looking for, feel free to start a new Learning Project. (List topics alphabetically)
Popular Wikiversity Courses & ContentEdit
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this school, you can list your name here (this can help small schools grow and the participants communicate better; for large schools it is not needed).
- User:JWSchmidt - see Cell Biology
- Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 22:06, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- -Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 17:22, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
By degree of sophisticationEdit
- Nonkilling Human Biology
- Enzymology Learning Project
- Stem Cells Learning Project
- Cell biology improvement drive
- Science as Religion learning project
- Human Genetic Uniqueness Project
- Telemedicine in French-speaking Africa
- Phage project
- Introduction to Medical Microbiology learning project
- Exploring Molecular Biology learning project
- Molecular Evolution Project
- Scientific Terminology
- Fundamentals of Neuroscience
- Comparative Neuroscience
- Life-Tree Project
- 20 November 2015 - Proposal Gene expressions in human exploration beyond low earth orbits submitted to NASA through NSPIRES!
- 24 August 2015 - Genes lecture started!
- 27 June 2014 - Gene project started!
- 12 May 2014 - Evolution lecture started!
- 22 November 2013 - Agriculture lecture started!
- 27 November 2013 - Zoology lecture started!
- 28 October 2012 - Eukaryotes lecture started!
- 2 October 2012 - Proteins lecture started!
- 27 June 2011 - Paleontology lecture started!
- 28 April 2009 - Introduction to Cell Biology lecture started!
- 12 May 2008 - Proteomics lecture started!
- 19 March 2008 - Biology lecture started!
- 9 December 2007 - Introduction to the History of Life Science course started!
- 28 July 2007 - Genetics/Course started!
- 28 February 2007 - Botany lecture started!
- 19 November 2006 - Mathematical molecular biology lecture started!
- 26 August, 2006 - School founded!
- Human Physiology
- Cell Biology
- General Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Invertebrate Zoology
Things you can do!Edit
- Clean up Draft:Agriculture and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Biology and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Evolution and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Eukaryotes and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Genes and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Paleontology and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.
- Clean up Draft:Proteins and move it to become a subpage of a supporting main page learning project.