Professional Development for Teachers of Health Professionals
This is a professional development program for teachers of health professionals. Our aim is to aid teachers through a process of developing a subject in a contemporary Australian tertiary educational setting. There is an emphasis on skills and knowledge that promote independent professional teaching practice.
- Understand the requirements of the Australian Qualifications Framework (or equivalent standards body)
- Develop a subject outline that includes a summary, list of objectives, activities, assignments and assessments.
- Design assignments suitable for use in assessing learning outcomes
- Source and produce a range of online educational content and use them with a subject outline to compile a website for the subject
- Connect and communicate
- Write a subject outline
- Produce educational content
- Activities, assignments and assessment
- Evaluate teaching practice
The assignments in each of the modules are used to guide and assess your learning. On successful completion of a module you will be awarded a badge for displaying on your email signature, website or networking profile. Our badges are currently issued through Credly.com and Wikiversity.
We try to host as many face to face events as possible. Our events are announced through the Google+ community Teachers of Health Professionals, video streamed through Youtube, and documented on linked Wikiversity pages.
- Past events
- Using video - 9 May 2014, La Trobe University Bundoora and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Ways to connect - 11 September 2013, La Trobe University Albury Wodonga and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Blended learning and online teaching - 1 November 2013, La Trobe University Bundoora and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Activities, assignments and assessment - 2 August 2013, La Trobe University Bundoora and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Open Education - 12 March 2013, La Trobe University, Bundoora and online at Teachers of Health Professionals
- Wikipedia Training Day, Bendigo - 21 February 2013, La Trobe University (Bendigo Campus)
Please follow our progress or get in touch with peers or a coordinator, by way of the following communication channels