Portal:Social entrepreneurship/networking/How to get involved
Glad you would like to join us in making a positive impact through social entrepreneurship education.
If anyone has the time and inclination, a good way to grow a community is through a mailing list. Feel free to set one up (or some other social networking facility) and link to it from here, if you think it will be of value.
Join the Social Entrepreneurship Wiki communityEdit
Contributing to the wiki is as easy as clicking on "Edit" and typing some text to make corrections, or clicking on "Discuss" to type some comments.
To become part of the community it is a good idea to create an account and then add some pages to let the community know who you are and how you are participating.
Join the Wikiversity communityEdit
Register on WikiVersity by clicking on the "Log in/ create account" link above (top right).
Edit your User PageEdit
- After creating your account (above), and observe the new links which appear at the top of the page: <your user name> "My talk" "My preferences" "My watchlist" "My contributions" "Log out".
- Click on your user name link and
- add some details about yourself: click on the tab/link labelled "Edit" or "edit this page" (etc.).
Learn More about editing wiki pagesEdit
- For hints on editing click on the "Editing Help" link at the foot of the page you are editing, or
- try this cheat sheet, and
- take a look at the box (most likely) at the top of this page labelled "Using Wikiversity" and follow the links.
Add a "category" tag to your user page to indicate that you are interested in social entrepreneurship:
While editing your user page, paste "[[Category:People Interested (Social Entrepreneurship)]]" at the end of your own text.
If you do this, your user page will be listed under the Category of people interested in Social Entrepreneurship).
If you would like to be listed among the champions of this Social Entrepreneurship initiative, add a link to your user page here: People
- The easiest way to do this is by pasting the following into the page:
Tell us about your organisationEdit
Figure out how you can best participateEdit
We do not make a strong distinction between teaching and learning. Find areas where you have knowledge to share and knowledge to gain.
- Browse the site and see where else you would like to participate. We are especially hoping you can add some insight to
Check what is going onEdit
The originating community used to run exercises from time to time via a mailing list (2014-08-22: recently closed). Under "Networking" there is a link to "Activities" where you will find links to core team activities and community activities.
- 2014-07-03: The original mailing list, which had been dormant for some time, was closed down in August 2014.