Enterprise Resource Planning/Open Source/Executive Masters
Mission and VisionEdit
In mastering a 1st class community free ERP software Project that fulfills the following:
- To churn out employer or employable material among graduates to be highly marketable in the contemporary ICT and business applications market worldwide.
- This is to address the high level of unemployment among 3rd world countries' graduates particularly, even though they possess a valid university qualification.
- To teach just enough skills and knowledge based on the pareto principle of 20% know-how to handle 80% of the challenges.
- This is to address the resource constraints of enough trainers and practitioners of ERP applications.
- To take advantage of the worldwide open community behind open source ERP to gain exposure, experience as well as commercial leads.
- This is to stand on the shoulders of giants and not reinvent the wheel of progress achieved through open sharing and collaboration.
- To make the community self-sustaining and profitable for its advocates without compromising the ideals of making Fee Open Source Software (FOSS).
- This course relies on the ADempiere Project  which is fully community based without commercial interests.
Subject Matter Experts/LecturersEdit
- Redhuan D. Oon, Malaysia (author creator)
- Carlos Ruiz, (technical track)
- Usman, Medan, Indonesia - on end-user implementation
- Pg Izam Ryan Bahrin, Brunei. Working on the ERP_Accounting materials.
- Bahman - on systems and application security.
- Colin Rooney, Ireland (EU) - on European experience of ERP.
- Victor Perez, Mexico - on Latin American experience of ERP.
- Bayu Cahya P, Semarang, Indonesia - on Accounting stuff Hacking Adempiere Accounting Engine
- iConsulting, Jakarta, Indonesia http://www.databiz.co.id
10 Module Course by a UniversityEdit
- To fit into an Executive Diploma, this course has to follow the standard format and terms acceptable to world standards.
- Each semester will have about 2 modules of learning and is of:
- Credit Hour: 3 hours (120 learning hours per semester)
- Self Independent Study - 42
- Tutorial / Face-to-Face Interaction - 12
- Online Interaction - 30
- Doing Assignments - 18
- Examination Preparation - 18
- Teaching Method: Self Independent Study, Tutorial and On-line Participation
- Assessment Detail:
- On-line Participation 10%
- Individual Assignment 10%
- Case Study/Group Assignment 20%
- Mid Term Exam 20%
- Final Examination 40%
Table of ModulesEdit
- Module  - The Web Economy
- Module  - ERP Application Setup - and operationals.
- Module 3 - ERP Presales and Business Analysis - previous case studies
- Module 4 - ERP Accounting
- Module 5 - ERP Reporting
- Module 6 - ERP Software and Development
- Module 7 - ERP Components - POS, CRM, Fixed Assets, HR
- Module 8 - ERP Implementation
- Module 9 - ERP Projects - E-Commerce, Replication, Libero Manufacturing
- Module 10 - ERP Entrepreneurship
- Module Project - Chapingo University System
- The mode of study is self research under guidance and discussion. The student is encouraged to be communicative, sociable, creative, resourceful and critical. Wise non-conformity is a plus. Publishing or writing one's works and thoughts in the suggested places and in own original words can give excellent marks.
- From day one, the student joins Web 2.0 projects such as the chatroom, blogs, forums, wikiversity and SourceForge where exposed interactivity can occur with the community at large. Those who can solicit participation from others are considered successful advocates.
- The facilitator tutor shall use heavily the web and requests students to derive source materials directly from it.
- The students have to act as a whole team to devise ways to make a better impression to attract the right attention and build a professional image.
We started our first ever class here! (Please enter Name, or send email to course leader at red1(at)adempiere(dot)org about your Location, Years Working, Professional Background) (This sign up is for free non-paying students and to be conducted on a peer basis with no further liability upon the author creator. The University accepting students on a professional and certified process is http://www.aeu.edu.my. Please refer lower section here for more information on registration).
- Syamsul Anuar Abd Nasir
- Rex Wallen Tan
- Eduardo Serrano
- Nathan Martin
- Muhammad Shuhir bin Idris
- Moisés Gómez
- Jesús Zavala Ruiz
- A university is now indirectly supporting and providing the author creator the impetus to evolve this as a complete course writeup of academic standing. Even though the university shall be conducting the course, the resultant material here is free for casual, self-use and non-university endorsed usage. The author is exercising his original earlier right to publish all materials for the benefit of wikiversity users irrespective of his paid work tutoring in the university.
- Users may follow this course on a rigorous basis and the author creator shall attempt his best effort to treat any participation or interaction on a free non-commital basis but with no endorsement from the said university. For those seeking professional or academic certification or credentials from such university can only do so by registering with the said university on their own choice.
- The university is not an advertisor nor paid the author for this wikiversity effort. The preference of the author to publish here is an idea of novelty due to the nature of the subject material relying on the Web 2.0 and FOSS concept as well as for the benefit of users that have interest in such materials.
- The author benefits by ensuring the course evolved into a highly acceptable academic quality that is recognised by a certified university. The university benefits in cooperating with the author to open up the resources as done here is to introduce such a course to its post-graduates. This is thus a win-win proposition. Nevertheless the author has no qualms of removing this attribution to the said university if this is deem unethical or improper to Wikiversity or its community.
- The University working with the author for this professional course is Asia e-University.
- Qualified individuals may take up this paid course at the University if they do so wishes.
- It is now promoted in Malaysia and member Asian countries with participating centres.
- Non-asian countries may also participate mostly on full online basis.
- If there are sufficient number of students, there can be a cramped physical face to face session on site.
- It is of 1 year duration and carries 30 credits.
- The credits are transferable and deductable from a full 48 credit Masters at the same University.
- Intake is now open in http://aeu.edu.my website.
- Go to the School of Information & Communication Technology and select Master of ICT link.
- Note the 2nd course outline OSS ERP.
- Then click on Online Application link above.
- Select either International or Local (if Malaysian), Executive Programme Level, and Prefered Intake semester period.
- Select your choice which is C602 ASIAN EXECUTIVE MASTER IN OPEN SOURCE ERP.
- This course is a joint effort between the ADempiere Project and the School of ICT of Asia e-University
- Potential Students can continue their study in PhD level which is fully accredited from the Government of Malaysia