Enterprise Resource Planning/Application Setup
|Completion status: this resource is ~50% complete.|
|Educational level: this is a tertiary (university) resource.|
|Subject classification: this is an information technology resource.|
This is a module part of the Open Source ERP/Executive Masters course conducted by a private university.
Enterprise Resource Planning Application - Subject Matter and Workshop
The challenge of an ERP Application is more of a grasp of differing concepts first before anything else. It is a spectrum of disciplines ranging from Financials Management to Software Development. Thus the emphasis is dependant on a particular student's background. There maybe different tracks of emphasis where advanced students may proceed faster than needed. IT students may focus more on either technical or cover their blindspot with the functionals. Non-IT but related disciplines such as Accounting and Business may take the technical challenge on a survival basis and quickly return to their own discipline within the ERP Application.
The student shall go through a whole straightforward process of downloading, installing and operating the ERP application.
The objectives of this subject are:
- To download resources of an Open Source ERP application
- To be able to setup the Application from scratch
- To operate the business cycle and rules within an ERP
On completion of this subject the students shall be able to:
- Setup an ERP System from an Open Source project
- Go though the standard business flows using the ERP System
- Import legacy data into new ERP Application
- Generate financial reports from the ERP system
This subject allows the students to practice the setup of a raw ERP Application from a sample Open Source project from scratch. It involves practice and going through the standard steps and stages of an ERP implementation. A sharp learning curve is expected here to grasp the subject matter behind ERP and an Open Source project at the same time.
- ^1 - Download Resources
- ^2 - Setup Environment
- ^3 - Setup Java
- ^4 - Setup PostgreSQL
- ^5 - Setup Properties
- ^6 - Setup ADempiere
- ^6 - Launch ADempiere
Setup New ShopEdit
- ^10 - Setting up and installation workshop
- ^11 - Fast Track Methodology
- ^12 - Planning the Basic Master Data
- ^13 - Setting up Chart of Accounts
- ^14 - Formating to Company Profile
- ^15 - Running a business cycle
- ^16 - Understanding Supply Chain
- ^20 - Changing via configurations
- ^21 - Handling scripts
- ^22 - Look and Feel
- ^23 - Reporting Formats
- ^24 - Case Scenarios
- ^25 - Product and BOM Concept
- ^26 - Understanding Processes
- ^27 - Understanding the Gaps
- What is ERP? in Wikipedia.
- Help Page to ADempiere, a popular community Open Source ERP project.
- Extending ADempiere.
- ADempiere Application Dictionary as sample ERP Configurator.
- Fastrack Methodology checklist for ERP implementation.