Welcome to the learning project on Horticulture!
The following is a suggested list of headings for a learning project. For more information, please read the directions. Please organise the page as you see fit.
Learning project summaryEdit
Students will develop a broad understanding of the components of horticultural theory and can participate in suggested practical activities to enhance the theoretic knowledge garnered from the materials.
This learning project aims give students the knowledge to:
- Collect and classify plants
- Acquire specialist knowledge
- Plan and manage long term weed, pest & disease control
- Establish and maintain turf
- Design plant displays
- Manage plant health
- Manage a controlled growing environment
- Assess trees
Def. the "art or science of cultivating gardens" is called horticulture.
Add learning materials here. See also the box below.
Readings and other resourcesEdit
Each project/lesson/activity may have a suggested reading selection. For example:
- Lesson 1: How to Identify plants
- Lesson 2: [[//]]* ...
- Activity 1:
- Activity 2:
Tests and quizzesEdit
- Quiz 1:
- Quiz 2:
- Test 1:
Subpages can be created - using the syntax '[[/concepts/]]' (for concepts involved in this learning project & without the quotes).
Active participants in this Learning Group
- HortMan 12:28, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace (i.e. without any prefix such as 'Topic:' or 'School:'). Simply make a link to the name of the learning resource, lesson, or learning project (these are independent pages in the main namespace, and sometimes subpages when appropriate) and start writing!
You should also read about the Wikiversity:Learning model. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple projects - and you are encouraged to cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.
- Wdgwdgwdg (4 March 2010). "horticulture". San Francisco, California: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- Saltmarsh (3 February 2006). "gardening". San Francisco, California: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- Facts707 (16 May 2010). "garden". San Francisco, California: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. Retrieved 2013-10-25.