This is a learning resource about vertical farming. Research, learning, and teaching related to vertical farming can be organized here. Perhaps in the future, open source designs for vertical farms can be developed. Vertical farming can potentially help to eliminate poverty on Earth.
- To what degree could vertical farming help to eliminate hunger on Earth?
- Explore the Sustainable Development Goals. Identify other goals (SDGs) that are linked to vertical farming beside beside Zero Hunger?
- How are these goals interdependent?
- What are the callenges and constraints for a sustainable implementation and what are the benefits?
- Could designs for vertical farms that are open source help to accelerate adoption of the technology? (see also Open Innovation Ecosystem)
- Can vertical farming be profitable with current technologies?
Learning readings and learning videosEdit
- Vertical farming
- Controlled-environment agriculture
- Building-integrated agriculture
- Controlled Environment Agriculture Center
- Urban agriculture
- Roof garden
- Organic engineering systems
- Organic hydroponics
- Grow light
- PI curve
- Hydroponic dosers
- Ultrasonic hydroponic fogger
- Passive hydroponics
- Dickson Despommier
- Aerial root
- Association for Vertical Farming
- How Can We Improve Vertical Farming? - this video includes discussion of phase 3 vertical farming which includes staples like rice and wheat.
Open source vertical farmingEdit
- Domestic house food production system
- Low-Cost Precision Farming
- Food security
- Worm farming
- Coffee Farming
- Open design vertical farm
- Rainwater harvesting
- Portal:Water Technologies
- Organic agriculture
- Portal:Agricultural engineering
- Agriculture papers
- Ecological sustainability
- Low-cost, tropical, private food production system
- Plant growth promoting bacteria
- Wiki business plan/Feed Everyone Project
- Introduction to Permaculture
- Can Vertical Farming Keep This Company Around for Another 165 Years?
- UC Davis vertical farming facility takes hydroponics to a new level
- UAg Vertical Farm
- Vertical Farming Makes the Most of Limited Space
- Indoor Vertical Farming Systems for Food Security and Resource Sustainability
- Are vertical farms a sustainable solution to food insecurity?
- Farming in the Sky in Singapore
- The environmental and social value of Vertical Farming
- Vertical farming: A tech-driven solution for food security
- Rising Above Agricultural Challenges with Vertical Farming
- The Future Of Farming: Straight Up