WikiJournal of Medicine/Submission
WikiJournal of Medicine
Since: March 2014
Funding: Wikimedia Foundation
Publisher: WikiJournal User Group
|On social media
The preferred method of submitting a work is to write the article as public pre-print below. To submit an existing Wikipedia article as a preprint, see these guidelines. For using the 'VisualEditor' writing interface, see this short tutorial series. For information on content and formatting, see the author guidelines.
This process allows for an open discussion about the article pre-print even before inclusion in the journal, resulting in faster and more comprehensive processing. Please note that such pre-prints may make the work ineligible for re-submission to some other journals in the future - please check SHERPA/RoMEO or this list. If you want to keep your submission confidential, please attach the work in an email to ContactWikiJMed.org.
You are also welcome to email with pre-submission inquiries or other issues with submission.
- Manuscript submitted
- Authors may specify a journal, or allow editorial boards to decide which is most suitable (approx. 1 week)
- Expert peer reviewers contacted by editorial board or associate editors for assessment of article (approx. 2 months)
- To speed up the process, authors may suggest peer reviewers that editors may invite
- Reviewers recommend: Accept / Revise / Decline
- Journal editors and peer reviewers will make recommendations and direct wording suggestions but authors have final choice over wording
- Peer review is public, but reviewers may choose to be anonymous
- Authors address reviewer comments if applicable
- Publication of stable PDF and editable Wiki page, as well as all reviewer and editor comments.The expected processing time may be 3 - 6 months in total.
- Suitable material is integrated into Wikipedia, either by authors or Wikipedia editors
- Post-publication review can occur at any time
- Authors should add their articles to their watchlists to be notified or comments
- Authors are encouraged, but not required, to discuss any criticism and can edit or update the submission if appropriate
- Post-publication edits can occur at any time
- Authors may make minor edits to the online version, but the PDF will not be updated
- Authors may propose major edits, improvements, or edits. This will trigger a new round of peer review (of the changes only) and a new PDF version