Welcome to the Wikiversity learning project about web pages.
- Web page - article at Wikipedia
Types of web pages at Wikiversity Edit
As a wiki website, Wikiversity is all about collaborative editing of web pages. If you are new to wiki, you can click here for a tutorial about the basics of editing. You can create the content of Wikiversity.
Wikiversity has several different kinds of web pages.
- Learning resources. The goal of Wikiversity is to produce and host learning resources. Wikiversity pages devoted to learning resources have names such as "Web pages" and learning resource.
- Portals. "Portal" pages are user-friendly directories that guide Wikiversity participants to groups of related pages. For example, see the Science Portal. Wikiversity has a large number of web pages for learning resources and Portal pages play an important role in helping people find the learning resources that are looking for.
- Policy. Wikiversity is a complex project with many participants. In order to facilitate collaboration and constructive interactions, Wikiversity has some policies. For example, the Be Bold! policy encourages participants to pitch-in and contribute without spending too much time asking first.
Additional reading Edit
- Read about namespaces and extend the list of types of webpages (above) to include short descriptions of web pages in each namespaace.
- Make sure that the glossary has good entries for each type of Wikiversity web page. For example, a glossary entry for "image" should explain the types of files that can be uploaded to pages in the "Image:" namespace.
See also Edit
- Proposals for new namespaces - Wikiversity is a young project. Is there a new namespace that would help organize the activity of Wikiversity participants?