Social entrepreneurship is an emerging field of inquiry and therefore there is no one preferred definition. Definitions of this type of entrepreneurship generally include that it is a type of business where not only is profit valued, but also creating a positive social impact.
- Social entrepreneurship is innovative, social value-creating activity
- Unique solution to a social problem
- Huge social impact crossing regions and national borders
- Replicable and sustainable
- It occurs within or across the non-profit, business and public sectors
- Dynamic process created and managed by an individual
- Strives to exploit social innovation with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Create new social value in the market and community.
- Helps in fostering sustainable Development Goals(SDG)
Ideas to learn about edit
Here are some local learning ideas on this wiki related to entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship.
Suggested generic definitions edit
Social entrepreneurship is ...
Discussion questions and essay ideas edit
- What are some potential businesses that attempt to achieve a triple bottom line?
- How can decentralized finance help to facilitate social entrepreneurship?
- How can social entrepreneurship help to alleviate poverty?
- What business ethics lessons can social entrepreneurship help us to understand or analyze?
Learning readings and media edit
- Social entrepreneurship
- The Power of Unreasonable People
- B Corporation (certification)
- Benefit corporation
- Social accountability (Template)
- Social purpose corporation
- Flexible purpose corporation
- Sustainable business
- Business ethics
- List of social entrepreneurs
- Social venture capital
- Social innovation
- Corporate social entrepreneurship
- Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship