Portal:Decolonise Knowledge/reading list
- Bernard Coard (1971). How the West Indian Child Is Made Educationally Subnormal in the British School System: The Scandal of the Black Child in Schools in Britain. London: Caribbean Education and Community Workers’ Association, 1971. [^]
- Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o (1986). Decolonising the Mind: the Politics of Language in African Literature Nairobi/London: East African Educational Publishers/ Heinemann, 1986. [^]
- Paulo Freire (1970). Pedagogy of the Oppressed [^]
To be addedEdit
- Carter G Woodson - Mis Education of Negroes
- William Hill. Watkins, Race and Education
- Harry Edwards, Black Students
- Tom Burrel, Brainwashed-challenging the myth of black inferiority
School System: The Scandal of the Black Child in Schools in Britain]]
- Bell hooks - teaching to transgress - teaching as the practice of freedom
- Cornell West, Black Prophetic Fire
- Race Matters
- There Ain't No Black In The Union Jack
- The New Jim Crow
- This is Not A Test
- Ylva Habel: challening Swedish exceptionalism, teaching while black (in education in the black diaspora: perspectives, challenges, and prospects, routledge 2012)
- Nicola Rollock - Black British Scholar who is part of the University of Birmingham Centre for Race in Education.
- Dr Victoria Showunmi she is specialises in race and Education.
- K. Bhopal 'Intersectionality and" race" in Education'
- Chinua Achebe, The Education of the British Protected Child.