3D Modelling/Create 3D Models
The following learning resource supports you as an author to create you own three-dimensional models. Provided tools are open source and can be used either for video animation three-dimensional space (e.g. genetic processes that are not visible in a microscope) are you construct 3-D models there are placed in the camera image of mobile device on specific markers (e.g. in AR.js).
If you are following the Open Community Approach it might make sense to you to shear the 3D models with the community of authors and learners on Wikiversity.
- currently 3D models cannot be integrated directly into Wikiversity, so files must be stored and shared on an other WebServer, that supports version control during the development process of the 3D models.
- in this learning resource we use GitHub and take advantage of the version control system to share the files in the /docs folder on GitHub.
3D Software PackagesEdit
- Embed 360-Degree Image in Wikiversity Create a link to embed 360-Degree Image from Wiki Commons in AFrame.
- Blender - Photorealistic 3D Modelling with Physics, Animation, ...: (e.g. Fluid Dynamics and Wind)
- Hugin - Create an spherical image for 360o-Panorama Images
- AR.js - Augmented Reality in a browser with Marker Recognition with AR.js (Youtube Demo)
- Regard3D - Create a 3D models from several images with Regard3D (Youtube Demo) - (replace with WikiMedia Commons Videos if exists)
- Threes.js - Webbased 3D Modelling - including animation and import of 3D models generated in Blender
- Hugin Create a 360-degree image for Aframe (see 360 degree example)
- JSON3D4Aframe JSON Editor for AFrame and AR.js
- Create 360-degree Video with Vailant360 and Hugin.
- Create you own screencast of your 3D model you created with Regard3D (approx 10-15min as Walk Through) and provide the set of images on GitHub for other learners to work with (just as HuginSample for Hugin)
- HuginSample Github repository with sample images of the Durlacher Saumarkt, Karlsruhe Durlach, Germany
- Hugin Download: http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
- GIMP Download for learning how to fix missing images with GIMP Clone Tool and projection fixing
- JSON3D4Aframe Webbased 3D Models constructed with geometric primitives (e.g. cubes, sphere, torus, rectangles, ...)
- Hess, R. (2007). The essential Blender: guide to 3D creation with the open source suite Blender. No Starch Press.
- Mullen, T., Roosendaal, T., & Kurdali, B. (2007). Introducing character animation with Blender. Wiley Pub.