- Wikipedia: Wikidata
Wikidata is a collaboratively edited knowledge base operated by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is intended to provide a common source of certain data types (for example, birth dates) which can be used by Wikimedia projects such as Wikipedia. For example in wikidata you can find the work of Vincent van Gogh: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q5582.
The possibilities for wikidata are many. Practically anything that can be made into lists, tables and databases, such as:
- A periodical table of elements
- A table of physical constants
- A table of the world events
- A table of Indigenous public art
It is important to develop datasets that can be used in multiple languages and across many different project spaces (such as the range of Wikimedia projects). A reasonable solution is to make one common data project that has the discipline of open format standards and reuse and the potential for a large and popular user base to assist with contributions and management - much like what Commons: is for images and media.
Events and workshopsEdit
Guidelines for entering Wikiversity "objects" into WikidataEdit
These are guidelines for entering Wikiversity "objects" into Wikidata so that editors of Wikiversity can find common ground on what is the "proper" or "best practice" ways to enter information into Wikidata for learning resources, scholarly articles etc. that are found on Wikiversity.
Examples are going to help people edit as they can learn from specific examples(where it is suggested that extra work is done so that editors see the consensus implemented into edits so they know how to edit)
Entering Wikiversity project pages with examplesEdit
List of examples which you can learn from:
- most Wikiversity pages" of Open interviews (Q105145103) -
- for Wikiversity projects" of Mazama Newt Conservation (Q105269498) - This specific example covers a project that may be restricted to students and faculty of certain institutions, with public participation being limited.
- for Wikiversity learning resources" of Compiling the Linux kernel (Q105629323)
Examining existing editing practicesEdit
This section is for examining editing practices on Wikidata that represent Wikiversity(multilingual) pages on Wikidata to research if there is a possible consensus in current editing and if it can help this project.
Less Organized InformationEdit
This section can include attempts to add useful information that can help other users learn how to use Wikidata.
- Create and use a Wikidata item
- Wikidata:Wikidata:How to use data on Wikimedia projects
- Research in programming Wikidata
- Old info
- https://w.wiki/ww8 - Wikidata items that have Property "part of" P361 with the value "Wikiversity" Q370 part of (P361)=Wikiversity (Q370)
- https://w.wiki/xVT - query which searches for Wikiversity projects. instance of (P31)=project (Q170584) and part of (P361)=Wikiversity (Q370)
- query which searches for Wikiversity learning resource. instance of (P31)=learning resource (Q24067413) and part of (P361)=Wikiversity (Q370)