WELCOME TO THE HOMEPAGE OF THE WIKIVERSITY ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT!
A department of the School of Business
We are the Wikiversity Accounting Department, a group of people who are obsessed with credits and debits and think accounting is fun! Our goals are to develop the world's foremost source of free accounting knowledge, to educate all interested people about the accounting profession, and prepare those who are interested in accountancy with the skills and theoretical knowledge necessary to succeed. Please feel free to browse our pages, courses, and ask questions on our talk page. We are here for you!
Course offerings will be listed here and will be actively taught based upon volunteers willing to instruct them. If you see a course missing you want to create, feel free to start it or request it!
- Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Advanced Cost Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Advanced Managerial Accounting
- Project Accounting
- U.S. Income Tax Accounting
- Advanced U.S. Income Tax Accounting
- IRS Practice and Procedure
- Advanced Auditing
- Enrolled Agent Exam I
It is projected that over time, both undergraduate and graduate programs will be developed. Within these programs, US and international tracks should be created, as well as review courses for popular exams. While not leading to a degree, they should be valuable to students or people reviewing for tests.
- No news right now, check back later!
- Develop Accountancy program(s)
- Acquire faculty members
- Publicize courses
The following resources may be of use to you in your learning about accounting:
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
The following external links may be of use to you in your learning about accounting:
- United Kingdom: Association of Accounting Technicians
- Australia and New Zealand: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Canada: Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- India: Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Mexico: Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Públicos
- Scotland: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- United States of America: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Africa: South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Global Public Accounting firms
We want YOU!... to be part of the Wikiversity Accounting Faculty. Accounting is an in-demand skill in the current workforce, with those possessing accounting knowledge being sought after. Whether you're an accounting student, practicing accountant, or accounting professor, we can use your assistance. Join today as an instructor, mentor, or tutor and help us become the world's finest source for accounting knowledge!
The following individuals are people who have volunteered to develop and instruct specific courses, which are noted next to their names.
- Paul G. Lufkin, CPA - Financial Accounting Principles I - email@example.com
- Daniel A. Bass, CPA - U.S. Income Tax Accounting - firstname.lastname@example.org
- pavankumar.n , ca - Accounting basics - email@example.com
- Benjamin B. Spencer, IMA - Managerial Accounting -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gaurav Chaudhari, B.Com. - email@example.com
- Azhar Imam, Cost and Management Accountant - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Wiiken - Intermediate accounting - email@example.com
The following individuals are people who have volunteered to mentor accounting students. Their mini-biographies have information about their background. You are encouraged to utilize their services and should contact them directly for more information. Paul G. Lufkin, CPA - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Andykoo1990 (discuss • contribs) 00:56, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
The following individuals are people who have volunteered to tutor accounting students in the courses listed next to their name. You are encouraged to utilize their services and should contact them directly for more information. Paul G. Lufkin, CPA - Financial Accounting Principles I - email@example.com.
We are related to the following schools and departments, and plan on collaborating fully with them as necessary.
- School of Business - The main school for the study of business on Wikiversity
- Finance Department - A division of the School of Business devoted to the study of financial theory and applications