Talk:Introduction to Parkinson's Science/Q Page 2
Return to "Introduction to Parkinson's Science/Q Page 2" page.
Outline for this subpageEdit
Now implemented. See Resource page.
Outstanding points that could be included here or on Q Page 3:
- The other neurotransmitters involved in PD especially glutamate and Gaba.)
- Regulation and Storage of dopamine (vesicles, transporters)
- Dopaminergic cells as pacemakers
- Ionotropic and metabotropic neurotransmitters
- How cells differ from one another (in structure and by tissue type)
User Purple61 said:
- Does the body produce dopamine on demand or is there a reservoir of this chemical?
- When you are on Parkinson's drugs - agonists or levodopa based ones or both - can you have an unused quantity remaining in your brain or does it all get used up or absorbed by the body?
- My drug regime is 8.00am, 5 hours later at 1.00pm and then 5 hours later at 6.00pm. No top-up till the next morning. I don't wake up feeling I need to top-up until a couple of hours later. So was wondering if there is a unused residue of the drugs still lingering in the brain?