Portal:Pentatonic Impressionism (China Wu Sheng) in the view of Neo-classical Piano Techniques-training
Pentatonic Impressions' Realization (piano) in Twelve-tone Equal Temperament's View (major scales & Arpeggio)Edit
Teaching Results in Classical Tradition and Self-improvisation (Letter-To-Accompaniment) (Thanks to Ray's beautiful course in London University, Golden Smith college on the platform of Future Learn)
F(Flatten further Flatten G)Edit
C(Flatten further Flatten D) - BackEdit
Running Pentatonic Impressions of Twelve-tone Equal Temperament into a Tai Chi Wheeling - 'You and Me' or 'Yin and Yang'Edit
Special statements of Scale & Arpeggio techniques-designs (piano) with Chinese Impressionism (through pedalling Fairy-breathes)Edit
Pentatonic Scales should be played as:Edit
China Impressionism Requirements in techniques: 1. The total impression is like 'to draw a dragon through the interactive movements of your two hands, and to rise up it from the Deep Sea (Bass Part) to the Blue Sky (Treble Part)'; 2. You should firstly confirm your 'hand-shape' in each one-octave at the very beginning- what type of the total shape of your five fingers is suitable to play Gong (dol- relative c) Shang (re - relative d) Jue (mi - relative e) Zi (fa - relative f) Yu (la - relative a) out (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentatonic_scale#Major_pentatonic_scale). It's like 'to fix the stable appearance of the dragon in one octave); 3. Much naturally, classical piano-technique's wrists-upwards picking-skill (like to draw a perfect curve of Baroque-ceiling: Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_architecture) can help you make one hand 'cross the other hand', left by right and turn by turn. Depending on it, your 'dragon' can move; 4. Hi, Could you guess what can give your 'dragon' Xian-breaths (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_(Taoism) ) as fairy clouds (colourful) surrounding? Yes, it's your pedalling way of Damper Pedal (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_pedals#Damper_pedal ) I prefer post-pedalling a little bit which can connect each stable dragon-imagery into an emerging and flowing view among those peaceful clouds; 5.Draw the 'eyes' of your dragon (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magical_Brush ): There used to be an old Chinese fairy story that one boy can draw something so alive as if they want come back life. One day, he drew a dragon and left 'eyes' empty. People didn't know why, and he said: 'if I draw the eyes of this dragon, it will immediately fly away to 'Happiness Clouds-land'. And, people didn't believe in him... So, he did it and the dragon was really flying away... You can know people's mouths. It's not to say we can fly our 'piano-dragon' away, but please bring this impression to light up the top tune-key through your second finger...; 6. Apply only one 'breath' to thread all your notes and pedallings in a necklace, as if they are in a whole body, and finally turn, after a round, back to the beginning position, confidently, well-beingly and peacefully.
Pentatonic Arpeggios should be played as:Edit
Prelude: In my educational history of piano, there weren't any book teaching me how to play Pentatonic Arpeggios with Eastern Aesthetic Fashion. Thanks to the Arpeggios part in Hanon Exercises Textbook (Exercises 21 - 43, Part 2) - (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Virtuoso_Pianist_in_60_Exercises ), and Arpeggio-fingering approaches required in China National Grade Test (especially the basic exercises of dominate seventh and diminished seventh arpeggios), I can research out full-fingers technique to help our students put their own literacies of music and pentatonic impressionism into daily exercises and self-nourishing.
Analysis and Requirements
1. Notation-choice: I kept the major triad - Tonic, Mediant and Dominant, by the reason that the colour of 'major triad', composing with 'the perfect fifth', gave people the harmonic feeling of 'Formal Sun-lights' shining upon those positive possibilities in life, also like the warm breeze of spring touching skin (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_chord; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_fifth ). Meanwhile, I chose the note '羽'(Pronunciation: Yju:) in Pentatonic Scale, and gave up the note '商' (Pronunciation: Shang), because 'Yu' in Chinese language meant 'Emergence' (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pupa#Emergence) which was a vita necessary step people needed to take willing to be '仙'(Xian: Fairy) into Taoism '仙land' - Heaven (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_(Taoism) ), meanwhile a tender (or gentle) hope in 'Yu' is given, but '商' meant 'Commercial' which might bring inharmonic and relatively struggling mood into Arpeggio. Therefore, as for its musical harmony and Arpeggio's progressing skeleton (Framework, or Broken Chord), I chose Do, Mi, Sol and La (Gong, Jue, Zhi, Yu) seen from Diatonic scale (Wikipedia introduction:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatonic_scale ), as Pentatonic Arpeggio keys, further, wheeled them into twelve-tone equal temperament (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_temperament ).
2. In Pentatonic Arpeggio's piano-application, what I really want to highlight is the peacefulness of music in Eastern Naturalism. It's not to say: through frequent exercises we can be 'Xian' (it's in far-land than its world). At least, one type of natural culture and self-peacefulness in heart can be built up in noisy cities or some struggling affairs. 'Calming-down ourselves' - that's the meaning, like piano's Teaism in regular life (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_culture ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_tea_ceremony ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum_cha ).
3. Many requirements are as Dominate Seventh's, but please remember: you need to use the nature of your fingering expansion (ligaments and muscles among fingers' bones: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ligament ) for running up all your notes into an average and smooth impression, like the growth of shoots in spring or playing on the surface of water (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_tension ).
4. Oppositely, you cannot divided your Arpeggio into groups with periodical 4 notes, each.
5. It's better to apply only one breath, threading all 'pearls' into a 'necklace', like 'air or breath' held in Qigong (Wikipedia introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qigong ).