Business administration relates to running and maintaining a business. The administration of a business is interchangeable with the performance or management of business operations, maybe including important decision making. Thus it is likely to include the efficient organization of people and other resources so as to direct activities toward common goals and objectives.
In order to form a good basic understanding of business, it is recommended for students to study the following subjects as prerequisites for all other concentrations.
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Finance, FIN 1001, fundamentals of business/corporate finance and historical/modern portfolio management theories
- Time Value of Money, FIN 1002, fundamental way of calculating the value of a sum of money, at any time in the present or future.
- Managerial Economics, including Game Theory
- Operations Management, MAN 1011
- Problem Solving Using Computer Software / Principles of Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Introduction to Statistics
- Statistics for Business Decisions
- Operations Research