Other Free Learning Resources
This project (formerly the "Hunter-gatherers project") aims to find, list, and evaluate Internet learning resources that anyone can freely access and use. We encourage you to discuss and explore ways to integrate these resources with Wikiversity courses. These are important tasks and essential aspects of Wikiversity's purpose.
Other lists of on-line resources:
0 - 9Edit
- 120 Minutes with JTS (Jewish Theological Seminary): A wide variety of Jewish topics, many of general interest to students of world history.
A - DEdit
- Academia Thules, a site that offers courses about ancient Rome and ancient Roman reenactment
- Academic Earth, a site containing video courses from various Universities and Lecturers.
- Access Excellence Activities Collections
- Better Explained
- Bioscience Education
- BBC: Colin And Cumberland - An interactive game that teaches elementary Gaelic
- BBC: OU offers free learning materials
- Bhakti Ananda Goswami’s Collected Works: The Primal Revelation at the Heart of Civilization
- Big History - An Introduction to Everything
- Brand Management Study Guide - A complete tutorial on Brand Management.
- Beyond Intractability - Lots of essays about constructive approaches to dealing with conflict.
- ByMath: Algebra (text)
- ByMath: Basic Arithmetic (text)
- Carnegie Mellon University Open Learning
- Cell Biology and Cancer Activities
- CK-12 Foundation
- Colorado Education Resources in Environmental Sciences
- Conflict Resolution Information Source
- Darakht-e Danesh
E - HEdit
- ECGpedia - free online electrocardiography (ECG) course and textbook.
- edHelper - on-line lessons paid subscriptions, but can be viewed for ideas.
- EdX is a joint partnership between The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University to offer online learning to millions of people around the world.
- Excel Easy - fully illustrated Excel tutorial + 300 examples. 100% free.
- Excel Template - A collection of over 200 free Excel templates for any occasion imaginable. Calendars, planners, timesheets, finance and accounting documents, charts and dashboards, and other documents for productivity, business, study, and private life.
- The Floating University - Released by Big Think to distribute big ideas.
- Free University
- Free Video Lectures
- GeoGebra - Similar Figures manipulation for 6th grade math
- Gentoo Linux Wiki
- Goodwill Community Foundation Learn Free
- Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment
- HippoCampus The goal of HippoCampus is to provide high-quality, multimedia content on general education subjects to high school and college students free of charge. HippoCampus was designed as part of Open Education Resources (OER), a worldwide effort to improve access to quality education for everyone.
- Strategies for Teaching History University of California Santa Barbara
- Higher Still Notes Full Course Notes for Scottish Higher Courses
- Humiliation Studies Network list of open education resources.
I - LEdit
- Issuelab Online publishing forum for nonprofit research licensed under CC-BY-SA[?].
- Internet FAQ Archives
- John Hopkins OpenCourseWare
- Khan Academy with the mission of providing a world-class education to anyone, anywhere. It has more than 1800 videos on math, biology, chemistry and more.
- Learnamic Online directory and reviews of self-paced learning tools
- The Linux Documentation Project
M - PEdit
- Math Drills Math worksheets for elementary and middle school
- Math Solutions Math by Marilyn Burns
- Math Village Teaching materials for middle school math
- MERLOT II A collection of free and open online teaching, learning, and faculty development services.
- The University of Michigan Initiative on Disability Studies courses are available here
- Monterey Institute for Technology and Education - An educational non-profit organization committed to improving access to education.
- More Video Lectures
- National Repository of On-line Courses (NROC) - Project supports the development and distribution of high-quality on-line courses to a worldwide audience.
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Digital Commons
- Ocean resource center
- OER Commons
- Open Education Consortium
- Open courseware finder
- OpenStax - free scholarly materials, Creative Commons Attribution 2.0
- Open Study - OpenStudy is a website partnered with institutions like MIT OpenCourseWare and Yale Open Course
- MIT OpenCourseWare
- Tokyo Institute of Technology OpenCourseWare
- Tufts OpenCourseWare
- Utah State University OpenCourseWare
- OpenLearn: access to Open University course materials under a Creative Commons licence
- P2P University
- Physics Forums: An Introduction to PH and Buffer Solution Calculations (text)
- Programming Resources List - Helpful resource list for those wanting to learn how to code.
Q - TEdit
- Request for Comments - Documentation for Internet protocols
- Saylor.org is a free and open collection of college level courses.
- STEM Sheets A collection of free customizable and printable math and science worksheets and flashcards.
- Ted Ed Lessons Worth Sharing
- Scientific Methods
- Standford Introduction to General Relativity (video)(pdf)
- Tools for Structural Biology Education
- Scientist.By Community: Educational Webinars
- Questgarden - webquest activities for a range of ages and study areas
U - XEdit
- University of Reddit
- Visual Calculus is a very good introduction to single variable calculus with explanations and exercises made with flash.
- The Whole Frog Project
- World Wide Web Consortium
- The WWW Virtual Library
- W3 Schools On-line Web Tutorials
- The Wolfram Demonstrations Project is an open-code resource that uses dynamic computation to illuminate concepts in science, technology, mathematics, art, finance, and other fields.
- Wonder How To
- The Xorg Foundation