Open science/Related projects
About this pageEdit
This page lists related projects, websites, and initiatives which are dedicated to open science. Please add your project!
List of Related ProjectsEdit
- Academia Publishing Wiki - A wiki platform that welcomes original research
- Ancilla Iuris - Ancilla Iuris offers a professional and state-of-the-art publication platform to advance European contributions on constellations of law and society.
- arXiv.org - Open access to e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology and Statistics
- Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) - the first global-scale initiative to call for open access to research papers
- C@fé des sciences - Community of science blogs in French
- Cape Town Open Education Declaration - an initiative aimed at making education open
- Citizendium - A scholarly inclined open encyclopedia (Wikipedia offspring) which uses real names and expert guidance
- eprintweb.org - an extension of arXiv.org
- Hard Blogging' Scientists
- Key Perspectives - a company specialized in Open Access counseling
- Living Knowledge - The International Science Shop Network
- Neuron! - German network of people who realize open projects
- One Big Lab - One small world = One Big Lab. Exploring the potential behind open science, open access, and open exchange of more than just ideas.
- Open Journal Systems - A technical platform for Open Access publishing
- OpenResearch.org aims at making the world of science more visible and accessible.
- The Open Source Science Project - An open-access project that is currently developing five separate resources: (1) a research-based scientific curriculum, (2) a discussion forum to facilitate communication between students and scientific researchers, and (3) a microfinance platform to encourage all individuals to pursue scientific research, (4) a research log platform to facilitate communication between publicly-funded researchers and the general public, and (5) a research laboratory database to allow students to easily search for internships and open positions in labs pursuing research they are interested in
- Open Students - A student platform on matters of open access to scientific research
- OpenWetWare - OpenWetWare is an effort to promote the sharing of information, know-how, and wisdom among researchers and groups who are working in biology & biological engineering.
- ResearchBlogging.org - Community of blogging researchers
- Science Commons - Science Commons designs strategies and tools for faster, more efficient web-enabled scientific research.
- Wikipendium - currently rather a thought experiment on how to improve on Wikipedia and Citizendium
- Wikiresearch - An overview about original research in wiki environments
- Wikinfo - an encyclopedic wiki that accepts original research
- Wikiversity - Open Learning Community
- Wissenschaft im Dialog (German) - Memorandum
- Wissenschafts-Café - Community of German blogging scientists
- Wissenschaftsladen Bonn - Transfer of scientific knowledge (German)
- WISSENSCHAFT in progress - (rather small) german journal with a weblog; covers communication science, linguistics, media and culture, literature, education and e-learning; publishes especially articles and exposés of younger scientists who are between b.a./b.sc. and ph.d.
- Article in the Boston Globe on Open Science
- Editorial (2008). "Wouldn't you like to know?". Nature Physics. 4 (7): 505. doi:10.1038/nphys1012.
- MacKenzie-Graham, A.J. (2008). "Provenance in neuroimaging". Neuroimage. 42: 178–195. doi:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2008.04.186. Unknown parameter
- Wheeler, Q.D. (2007). "Codes must be updated so that names are known to all". Nature. 447 (7141): 142. doi:10.1038/447142c. Unknown parameter