Instructional design/Online engagement/Key Points
Module 1 - Key Points: Introduction edit
The following video will guide teach you how to discern the key points from any topic you are developing training for. If you wish to follow the script as you view the module, click the notes tab on the top left hand corner of the screen.
A downloadable copy of the presentation is available below.
Steps to identifying key points edit
- Decide if you will find an SME or study to be the SME.
- Identify the key points to be taught.
- Questions to ask:
- Who is your audience?
- What parts of the topic does the student need to know?
- Which key points need to be emphasized?
- Does the student need to understand the why, how, what behind a key point?
- Does the student need to know how to apply that knowledge in different situations or is it more procedural?
- What are the student learning time constraints?
- What are the available deliverable formats?