Introduction to Wiki
This project aims to function as a service project for the Wikiversity community and provide learning resources that will aid new Wikiversity editors.
Wikiversity has adopted the "learning by doing" model for education. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple projects. Cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.
- Introduction to Wikiversity <-- New to Wikiversity? Start here.
- Editing tutorial <-- New to editing? Start here.
- Editing learning activity <-- learning wiki-editing by doing
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace. Simply make a link to the name of the lesson (lessons are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
Each activity has a suggested associated background reading selection.
- Reading 1.
Additional helpful readings include:
See also Edit
- List of learning resources related to Wikipedia - ordered after resource type
- Multiple-choice questions related to Wikipedia
- Wiki 101 - project devoted to the task of providing new Wikiversity editors with everything they need to start editing Wikiversity pages, probably should be merged into this page.
- Wiki - a project devoted to learning how to use wiki technology to facilitate online learning.
- Wikiversity:Adding content
- How to edit Wiki Pages (*WikiText article from Wikipedia)
- Help:Editing (The "Editing Help" link next to the save/preview/show buttons when you are editing a page.)
- Named Colors - Tired of trying to decipher hex codes for colors? Try these!