Information Systems is an introductory computer systems and applications course that includes hardware, peripherals, operating systems, applications, networking, Internet, security, information systems, system development, programming, databases, and social issues.
This course comprises 13 lessons on information systems and computer applications. Each lesson includes a combination of Wikipedia readings, YouTube videos, and hands-on learning activities. The course also assists learners in preparing for the CLEP Information Systems exam.
This is an introductory college-level information systems course. Learners should already have basic computer skills.
- CLEP: Information Systems
- CLEP Information Systems 2015 Examination Guide
- Beekman George, et al. (2012). Digital Planet: Tomorrow's Technology and You, Complete, 10th Edition. Pearson. ISBN 9780132091534
- Bourgeois, David T. (2014). Information Systems for Business and Beyond. Saylor.org
- Morley, Deborah, and Parker, Charles S. (2013). Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow, Comprehensive, 14th Edition. Cengage. ISBN 9781133190240
- Wikibooks: Introduction to Computer Information Systems