From the official document:
Web Design → Develop guidelines for up-loading information to a website
- "This unit defines the competency required to support the effective operation of a website by establishing content upload guidelines and procedures in the context of site policies."
Basically, that means ... (translate above into plain english)
You can read more about this unit on the National Training Information Systems Official document for ICAD4198A.
This unit forms part of the following qualifications:
How this unit will help you
After learning and applying the skills required by this unit you'll be able to demonstrate your skills in:
|1. Develop site policies
- Develop and disseminate policies on acceptable usage, security, privacy and copyright issues based on technical security and privacy requirements
- Develop and disseminate roles and responsibilities for updating and loading content and removing redundant information
- Document and disseminate information about the nature of content able to be updated and loaded
- Establish upload documentation and disseminate the processes and procedures for update, loading or removal of content on the site
- Implement automatic and/or routine updating and archiving procedures
|2. Establish updating and loading procedures
- Allocate and make available to contributors directory space to update and load new site content
- Identify and make available for use authoring guides and resources based on cascading style sheet (CSS) and business style guides
- Develop and make available new content templates to be applied by authors for use based on cascading style sheet (CSS) parameters
- Allocate and monitor server permissions
- Identify preferred file transfer protocol client based on best fit with technical environment and make available for use
- Customise file transfer protocol client to meet requirements
- Identify and develop authoring support tools, such as help files and links
- Disseminate authoring support tools, such as help files and links as necessary
|3. Document guidelines
- Develop documentation for loading information, taking into consideration security and privacy requirements
- Document and make available links to recommended support tools
- Automate details of recent updates and loading of information, such as the time, the author, location and title of new files and document on the site
- translate the above elements and performance criteria into plain english and summarise here...
Ideas for learning the required skills
Ideas for demonstrating this unit
The best way to demonstrate these skills is ...
If you are demonstrating this unit as part of a formal course, you might find that the unit is graded (meaning you can not only demonstrate your competence, but can also gain a credit or distinction). Your facilitator may already have set criteria that your college uses. If not, here are some ideas for possible credit/distinction activities that you can discuss with your facilitator:
Notes and discrepancies