This lesson covers troubleshooting theory.
Objectives and Skills Edit
Objectives and skills for the troubleshooting theory portion of A+ certification include:
- Given a scenario, explain the troubleshooting theory.
- Always consider corporate policies, procedures and impacts before implementing changes.
- Identify the problem
- Question the user and identify user changes to computer and perform backups before making changes
- Establish a theory of probable cause (question the obvious)
- If necessary, conduct external or internal research based on symptoms
- Test the theory to determine cause
- Once theory is confirmed determine next steps to resolve problem
- If theory is not confirmed re-establish new theory or escalate
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution
- Verify full system functionality and if applicable implement preventive measures
- Document findings, actions and outcomes