Description of ResponsibilitiesEdit
Provides ship configuration at beginning of mission or after repairs or inflight damage or modification. I.E. Take damage from opponents or flyover a hot spot with a bonus ... or a hot spot with change in cargo mass. Takes user or component input and provides updated configuration information to ship controller component.
- Player Ship
- Provide the current configuration and performance parameters
- Component Set
- A set of pre defined components and click and drag graphics
- Component Editor?
- The ability to create new components by importing graphics and assigning attributes and values to the component.
- The ability to start with an existing component and modify graphics (export and import to pixel editor) or attribute values.
- Pixel Editor
This components can be integrated into and locked into ship designs using the editor. This list is probably not complete.
- Life support systems (water could be stored outside in a frozen state, heated only when needed, recycle what we can)
- Oxygen recycler
- Propulsion mechanisms (Artificial Gravity Thruster)
- Power/fuel generation (Artificial Gravity based - no fuel required)
- Fuel/power storage
- Thermal controls ( The ship could be put into a continuous roll to even out sun's energy, as earth does.)
- Structural features (Double hull stainless steel design coated with truck bed liner inside and out)
- Computer systems (Shielded Linux box with solid state hard drive's)
- Communications (Microwaves)
- Attitude control (Artificial Gravity Thruster)
- Sensors (Radar, Lidar, etc. to prevent unexpected collisions with uncharted asteroids)
- Extra cargo holds (Or similar extensions, if a modular design is chosen. Aerodynamics aren't needed in space, after all)
- Heat radiators (Electric heat for everything including heating the hull)
- Heat radiator fuel (if it just dumps out freon, for instance)
- Radiation shielding (Lead, or maybe depleted uranium)(A heavy water based jel)
Non existant technologies for possible useEdit
- Warp drives
- Artificial gravity (Will be the next huge technological leap. A solid theory/design exists today)
- Shields (Star Trek style)( A very large Neo magnetic core)
- Quantum entanglement module (Instantaneous communication)
Non-essential technologies for possible useEdit
Is there going to be a combat component? If so:
- Aggressive gefense mechanisms (preferrably more realistic than not -> missiles, lasers vs. phasers)
- Hull repair robots (Nanites, perhaps?)
- Escape mechanism (relevant even if there aren't any pirates, in case of malfunctions and such)
For an extended combat component:
- more weapons! Things like railguns and coilguns have interesting physics components...
- Sensor jammers, chaff (radar jamming)
- Hacking? Some kind of attack on another ship's computer?