Banking the unbanked
This is a learning project and resource related to banking the unbanked. There are hundreds of millions of humans on Earth who do not have access to traditional banking services. Banking services can provide a benefit to humans because they enable individuals to have somewhere to store money, which can then be used to pay for useful goods and services. If more humans on Earth are given access to banking services, or banking-like services, then the amount of abundance and prosperity on Earth can be increased.
- What cryptocurrencies are best suited to bank the unbanked?
- How is effectively banking people helpful to them?
- What are the functions of banks?
- How can cryptocurrencies function like a banking system?
- Informal value transfer system
- Financial inclusion
- Alliance for Financial Inclusion
- Financial deepening
- Development economics
- Economic development
- Bottom of the pyramid
- Inclusive business
- Social entrepreneurship
- Economic inequality
- Small finance bank
- Access to finance
- Alternative financial service
- Peer-to-peer lending
- Credit union