Instructional design/Learning objectives/You are the Instructional Designer
Cognitive Content ScenarioEdit
- How to Check Blood Glucose
- Congratulations, you have been selected to help develop a web based instruction for diabetic patients. The goal of this lesson is for diabetic patients or those who support them to learn how to safely and correctly check blood glucose.
- Students taking this lesson will have already visted a physician and been diagnosed with diabetes. This lesson is intended to enhance and support the training given by professional health care workers and be a part of the patients health maintenance program.
- Although there are lots of web based and face to face instruction, this lesson is designed to be short and simple for the newly diagnosed. The main goal for a diabetic is to control their blood glucose in order to avoid complications. The main areas of instruction for this are medication, nutrition and exercise.
- Diabetes is a disease that affects each person a little differently, and the best way to tell if the medication, dieting and exercise are working is through blood glucose readings. So this one area of instruction is vital to all three main areas. Most web sites focus on all facets of Diabetes, while this lesson focuses mainly on using a glucose meter.
Your Well Formed ObjectivesEdit
Please select edit on this frame and type in your objectives.
Given a glucose meter, lancet and pen and test strip, patients will accurately measure their blood glucose level in one minute.
After you have completed your objectives for the senario check the Possible Senario Answers
Great job, you have finished the module. Click Next to go to the ID Learning Objective Module Summary.
|Instructional Design||ID Learning Objectives||< Back||Next >|