XSight is a proprietary desktop software package that provides a sophisticated workspace for researchers working with unstructured or qualitative data. It is primarily used by market researchers or qualitative researchers working with very rich text-based information, where deep levels of analysis on small or large volumes of data are required. This type of analysis can encompass case notes, interviews, online panel results and focus group transcripts.
The software allows users to manage, shape and make sense of unstructured information; explore trends in the data; and gain insight and reach meaningful conclusions.
It provides a range of analysis frameworks for importing, classifying and arranging data; tools for testing theories and relationships between items; and the ability to visually map and report thoughts and findings. Search and query tools support the review and reflection process and users can look for patterns, make comparisons, and interrogate the data in seconds.
The current release of this software is XSight 2.0 and it was released in September 2006.
- Customize the user friendly interface to suit your working style.
- Capture your ideas visually with 'maps', just like you would on a flip chart or whiteboard.
- Query your data with our powerful, state-of-the-art search engine.
- Use 'tags' - XSight's answer to highlighter pens - to capture and highlight information.
- Take a fresh look at your project - zoom in, zoom out or drill down.
- Build reports and presentations with ease.
- Work in virtually every language.
Tutorials on how to use XSightEdit
The developers of XSight have created Flash based tutorials for new users to aid in learning how to use the software.
Tutorials are available on the QSR International Website and can be downloaded for free, along with 30 day trial copies of the XSight software. They have been designed to let you work at your own pace. You can pause, skip or repeat sections of the tutorial using the buttons at the bottom of the tutorial screen.
- Tutorial 1: Introducing XSight (12 minutes)
- Tutorial 2: Map Your Ideas (13 minutes)
- Tutorial 3: Analysis Frameworks (18 minutes)
- Tutorial 4: Specialized Frameworks: Brand Sort (13 minutes)
- Tutorial 5: Specialized Frameworks: Picture Sort (14 minutes)
- Tutorial 6: Specialized Frameworks: Concept (13 minutes)
- Tutorial 7: Work With Queries (11 minutes)
- Tutorial 8: Reports and Presentations (14 minutes)
- Single licenses: Use one copy of the software for as long as you want.
- Multiple licenses: Buy three or more licenses to be eligible for a volume discount.
- Student licenses: A discount exclusively for full time students that provides access to the software for a six month or twelve month period.
- Site licenses: A cost effective and flexible alternative to paying a one-off license fee.