Wikimedia Ethics/Project Timetable
Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Project Timetable
- 09 July 2008 - create project, identify goals, notify people of its existence
- 10 July 2008 - begin brainstorming, create to do list, create timetable, create structure on main page for subpages, ask for input on ethics guideline and practical objective measurement of it
- 11 July 2008 - create Library and place "Ethics Resources - Links" in it, move Timetable to own subpage, finish initial notification process, establish project rules: No personal attack (see Setting a good example) and Inclusiveness (see Objectives of the participants)
- 13 July 2008 - Discussion on foundation-l Notification process complete.
- 14 July 2008 - Begin creation of learning resources: Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Ethics and MediaWiki and Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Overview and Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Suggested essays
- 15 July 2008 - Begin creation of a learning resources at: Talk:Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Ethics Resources - Links (to work our way through Lawrence Kohlberg and Carol Gilligan's material, as well as that of John Rawls, James Gilligan, and Rene Girard - among others) Content should in the end be moved/altered/edited as needed to be a learning resource rather than a talk page. Formalized as our first class.
- continue brainstorming
- continue ethics data gathering
- continue volunteer development process
- continue development of learning resources:
- Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Ethics and MediaWiki and its subpages
- Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Overview
- Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Suggested essays
- Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia/Ethics Resources - Links and talk page
Future (hopes and plans)Edit
- July - identify ethical practises that should be followed and can be objectively measured with available resources and can be improved by a learning resource at Wikiversity
- August - Carry out practical objective evaluation of ethical management of the English language Wikipedia
- September - Create learning resource to help with identified problems. Moulton intends to include his academic colleagues in this project, either directly, or by proxying their contributions; and involve journalism students if possible.
- October - Promote use of that learning resource and adjust according to feedback
- November - This resource finds favor within the process of becoming an admin and evaluating existing admins.