The Division of Religious Studies is for multi-disciplinary and secular study of religion.
Within Wikiversity, the School of Theology can be distinguished from the Division of Religious Studies. The School of Theology is devoted to study of religion, spirituality, and deities. Studies within the School of Theology can be undertaken to help participants understand more truly one's own religious tradition or can be undertaken with the goal of preservation of religious traditions, reform of a particular tradition, or to apply the resources of a particular religious tradition to some present day problem, situation or need. In contrast, participants in the Division of Religious Studies never adopt the position of any particular religious tradition except in an attempt to understand it as a particular way of thinking.
The Wikiversity Division of Religious Studies works in close cooperation with the Wikiversity School of Theology.
- 9 September 2006 - Division founded!
- Nonkilling in Hinduism
Subdivisions and DepartmentsEdit
- Department of Ayyavazhi Studies
- Department of Bahá'í Studies
- Department of Buddhist Studies
- Department for the Study of Hinduism
- Department of Abrahamic Science
- Division of Mazdayasna Studies
- Department of Meher Baba Studies
- Department of Inter-Religious Conflict Studies
- Department for the Study of New Age Religions
- Department of Thelemic Studies
- Department of Comparative Religion
- Department of Religious & Mystical Geography
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this division, you can list your name here (this can help small divisions grow and the participants communicate better; for large divisions a list of active participants is not needed).
- Since 27 August 2014 with Creationism --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 21:47, 9 May 2018 (UTC).
- dchmelik up to 26 November 2017!
- DErnestWachter, email:email@example.com