Cardiology is the branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the heart and blood vessels.
Following the introduction of various invasive radiological procedures, interventional cardiology has emerged as a sub-speciality dealing specifically with the catheter based treatment of structural heart diseases. Invasive procedures of the heart to treat arrhythmias are performed by specialists in clinical cardiac electrophysiology.
LIST OF TOPICSEdit
Basic science of cardiologyEdit
Anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular systemEdit
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS): unstable angina, myocardial infarction
- Ventricular septum defect (VSD)
- Atrial septum defect (ASD)
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Hypoplastic left ventricle
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Arrythmogenic right ventricle