Student Projects/Healthy habits for a healthy lifestyle
Healthy habits for a Healthy Lifestyle
Healthy habit is any behavior that benefits our physical, mental or emotional health. Inculcating them will lead us to live a healthy lifestyle which adds years to our life and prevent long term illness.
1. Early to bed and Early to rise
The famous quote of Benjamin Franklin, “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealth and wise” signifies the need of sleeping and getting up early.
- It reduces stress and makes a person happier. We can experience refreshed day.
- Any kind of tasks we aim to do can also be done in less time if we do it in the early morning.
2. Personal hygiene
Maintaining personal hygiene is beneficial to have a better health. And also it is a way of life. This also promotes self esteem and to have a healthy physical state. The following are some basic habits which we should follow in order to maintain personal hygiene:
- Brushing our teeth keeps gums and teeth healthy.
- Regular body shower prevents the development and spread of illness and infections.
- Washing hands before and after eating prevents the spread of germs and also keep germs out of our bodies.
3. Drink adequate amount of water
Drinking large amount of water plays vital role in our daily functioning. Doctors suggest drinking at least 3-4 liters of water per day. To prevent dehydration, we have to drink adequate amount of water everyday. The more we intake water, the more we become healthy.
- It regulates our body temperature and bowel movements, removes toxins.
- It boosts metabolic rate and improves health.
- It also delivers oxygen throughout the body.
4. Healthy diet
To lead a healthy lifestyle, good nutrition plays an important role.
A balanced diet is one that gives our body the nutrients it needs to function correctly. It is the diet that helps to maintain overall health.
It includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, meat and no processed food and sweetened beverages. The benefits are listed below:
- Balanced diet helps us to reach and maintain healthy body weight.
- It reduces the risk of chronic diseases and promotes overall health.
- It provides you with the carbohydrates you need for energy and will keep you alert throughout the day.
- Eating right is the most important thing we can do for our overall fitness and energy levels.
5. Regular walk, physical exercise and yoga
Physical exercise is any bodily movement or activity that enhances and maintains overall health and physical fitness.
Along with healthy diet, regular practice of physical exercise and yoga makes us physically strong and healthy.
- It helps an individual to maintain healthy weight.
- It boosts a person's energy levels and strengthens muscles.
- Regular physical activity can relieve us from stress, anxiety, anger and depression.
- It decreases a person’s risk of developing certain diseases such as obesity, type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Yoga regulates emotions and calms the mind. It also strengthens emotional and mental health.
In order to achieve a healthy lifestyle, remaining consistent is the most important factor. By sticking to the above mentioned practices and following them regularly makes oneself healthy and free from diseases and also keeps us mentally strong.
Therefore, healthy lifestyle should not be just a temporary fix for weight loss or to recover from illness or any disease instead, it should be a way of life.