Student Projects/Dance and it's importance in classroom
Dance is that type of exercise where we dont feel that it is. Dance is a gift for each and every individual, where with just little of space and time ,every dancer can be able to escape from the chaos and competition of learning and earning into a moment of living ,feeling and expressing their life.
There are no name as the inventor of dance , but it exist which is deeply rooted into all cultures and beliefs. It is in pulse of every religion and region.Coming to dance forms in India , all the dance forms are based on the ancient dance forms.There are six important Indian classical dance forms,they are :
- Bharatanatyam: Born from Tamil Nadu ,during ancient rulers time .It is an one of the old ancient form of dance and based on hindu belief and stories.The artwork and the footwork is intricate and artistic.As the name suggests it is that form of dance whose detailed descriptions are written down by the great sage Bharata Muni.It includes natya, nritta and nritya.
- Kathakali: As the word suggests ,katha means story and kali means play. It all began in Kerala as a mode of entertainment in olden days for folk's leisure time.The dancers give more importance to the facial expression which includes-eyes,eyebrows,ear, nose, lips, chin etc. They will go through intense and long time practice.The dancers use heavy makeup,ornaments,dress.The performance are based on the scenes of Ramayana and Mahabharata.It is usually performed in the fair times it longs for one whole whole night ,nowadays.
- Kathak: It developed through Muslim and Hindu cultures.Though Uttar Pradesh is considered as the centre of this dance form.It basically came through kathakars or storytellers who were nomads telling all the classical stories.
- Kuchipudi:It is another important dance form of india,this basically from the state Andra Pradesh.Dancers were particularly the believers of Krishna or Rama.And hence the dance performance was based on the same.Earlier people who danced where males because of those all ancient problems for practice and performance.This dance form is similar to Bharathanatyam.
- Manipuri:The name of the dance derived from the region Manipur.It is basically on the theme love story or raslila this is a story of Krishna and Radha.The performance is based on vaishnavism at first and now Shaivism is also preferred .
- Odissi:Came for eastern states of Orissa.It is originated 2000 years ago.There are three important schools of Odissi.The themes are usually based on regional themes includes Raslila and based ashtapadis of Jayadev.
ROLE OF DANCE IN CLASSROOMS:
After knowing the root and reasons of the Indian dance forms, Now it is important to know why dance must be included in the conventional teachings in classrooms:
Classrooms are the place where the individual builds his character or gets idea how and from where he or she has to take help to build his or her character. Just in computers where refreshing it is necessary,for humans it is a vital part of their life. Thus such refreshing activities are necessary for boosting and building any individuals character.Thus schools make physical activities as a compulsory activity.Coming to dancing,it is relaxing,enjoying to music ,celebrating type of physical activity, thus it is no way a compulsion.Students will enjoy and make more friends with common interest.
In physical and mental level one can develop:
- Cardiovascular muscle fitness
- Blood flow and strength to bones
- Laziness or numbness
- Individual development
- Discipline or building new habit
other than this it improve student's memory,concentration and also focuses on learning together.
so it is all up to us how we choose to live ,every moment through happy movements.