Social Victorians/Theosophical Society
- Helena Petrovna Blavatsky
- Henry Steel Olcott
- Annie Besant, secretary (jointly with G. R. S. Mean)
- G. R. S. Mead, secretary (jointly with Annie Besant)
The Esoteric SectionEdit
- Members had to be in the Blavatsky Lodge of the Theosophical Society or close to Blavatsky (Howe 55).
- Blavatsky was willing to admit Westcott under these conditions: "that you abstain from meat-eating and preserve absolute chastity ... that you preserve the strictest secrecy on the instruction given and the fact of your membership in the 'Inner Group'" (Howe 55).
People in the Esoteric SectionEdit
1890, Blavatsky founded the Esoteric Section of the Theosophical Society.