School of Media Design and Information technology
The School of Media Design and Information Technology actually exists in Buea Cameroon and it is aimed and giving graduates practical IT skills which will make them employable or even start their own Business in the home and Global market. The school is both online and site based. The onsite version of the school is in Buea Cameroon.
Mission and VisionEdit
The main objective of the School is to:
- To churn out employer or employable material among graduates to be highly marketable in the contemporary Information and Communication and business applications market worldwide.
- This is to address the high level of unemployment in Cameroon and other 3rd world countries' graduates particularly, even though they possess a valid university qualification.
- To approach University studies from a reverse perspective by moving from JOB to STUDIES and not the other way round
- To coach students during their studies on various career tracts and help them how to make the best of their talents and passions
- To take advantage of the worldwide open community behind open source ERP to gain exposure, experience as well as commercial leads.
- This is to stand on the shoulders of giants and not reinvent the wheel of progress achieved through open sharing and collaboration.
- Some Courses and programs are based on the IDempiere Project  which is fully community based without commercial interests.
University Staff and LecturersEdit
Structure of Programs and mode of StudyEdit
Students can either get a Certification in a program or a full tract Diploma or Bachelor as follows: which is usually between 3 to 6 months of study or enroll for a full tract 2 or 3 Years Diploma programs or 4 years for a Bachelor of Engineering.
- Certification: Between 3 and 6 months
- International Diploma: 2 Years
- Higher postgraduate Diploma: 3 Years
- Bachelor of Engineering: 4 Years
- Teaching Method: Self Independent Study, Tutorial and On-line Participation
- Assessment Detail:
- On-line Participation 10%
- Individual Assignment 10%
- Case Study/Group Assignment 20%
- Mid Term Exam 20%
- Final Examination 40%
The Programs have been divided into 4 departments as follows:
- IT for Computer Engineers
- IT for Management Sciences and Accounting
- IT for Engineers
- IT Entrepreneurship
- The mode of study include online tutoring and lecturing, self research under guidance and discussion. The student is encouraged to be communicative, sociable, creative, resourceful and critical. Wise non-conformity is a plus. Publishing or writing one's works and thoughts in the suggested places and in own original words can give excellent marks.
- From day one, the student joins either one of our open source projects or a client project where exposed interactivity can occur with the community or client team members at large. Those who can solicit participation from others are considered successful advocates.
- The facilitator tutor shall use heavily the web and requests students to derive source materials directly from it.
- The students have to act as a whole team to devise ways to make a better impression to attract the right attention and build a professional image.
- The students are considered as workers and team members in on going projects and so are expected to act as such.
We are already Onsite in Buea but our first students to come online are class here! (Please enter Name, or send email to Dean of Studies at sales(at)itkamer(dot)com about your Location, Years Working, Professional Background) (This sign up is for free non-paying students and to be conducted on a peer basis with no further liability upon the author creator. The University accepting students on a professional and certified process is http://www.aeu.edu.my. Please refer lower section here for more information on registration).
- A university is now indirectly supporting and providing the author creator the impetus to evolve this as a complete course writeup of academic standing. Even though the university shall be conducting the course, the resultant material here is free for casual, self-use and non-university endorsed usage. The author is exercising his original earlier right to publish all materials for the benefit of wikiversity users irrespective of his paid work tutoring in the university.
- Users may follow this course on a rigorous basis and the author creator shall attempt his best effort to treat any participation or interaction on a free non-commital basis but with no endorsement from the said university. For those seeking professional or academic certification or credentials from such university can only do so by registering with the said university on their own choice.
- The university is not an advertisor nor paid the author for this wikiversity effort. The preference of the author to publish here is an idea of novelty due to the nature of the subject material relying on the Web 2.0 and FOSS concept as well as for the benefit of users that have interest in such materials.
- The author benefits by ensuring the course evolved into a highly acceptable academic quality that is recognised by a certified university. The university benefits in cooperating with the author to open up the resources as done here is to introduce such a course to its post-graduates. This is thus a win-win proposition. Nevertheless the author has no qualms of removing this attribution to the said university if this is deem unethical or improper to Wikiversity or its community.
- The University working with the author for this professional course is Asia e-University.
- Qualified individuals may take up this paid course at the University if they do so wishes.
- It is now promoted in Malaysia and member Asian countries with participating centres.
- Non-asian countries may also participate mostly on full online basis.
- If there are sufficient number of students, there can be a cramped physical face to face session on site.
- It is of 1 year duration and carries 30 credits.
- The credits are transferable and deductable from a full 48 credit Masters at the same University.
- Intake is now open in http://aeu.edu.my website.
- Go to the School of Information & Communication Technology and select Master of ICT link.
- Note the 2nd course outline OSS ERP.
- Then click on Online Application link above.
- Select either International or Local (if Malaysian), Executive Programme Level, and Prefered Intake semester period.
- Select your choice which is C602 ASIAN EXECUTIVE MASTER IN OPEN SOURCE ERP.
- This course is a joint effort between the ADempiere Project and the School of ICT of Asia e-University
- Potential Students can continue their study in PhD level which is fully accredited from the Government of Malaysia