Primary mathematics/The Use of Calculators
|Subject classification: this is a mathematics resource.|
|Educational level: this is a primary education resource.|
|Completion status: this resource is just getting off the ground. Please feel welcome to help!|
When it comes to the discussion regarding tools that should be used to facilitate students' learning in the field of mathematics, the calculator and the use the computer/internet is a great part of the debate.
This page will cover some of the following topic as they relate to the teaching of Primary mathematics.
- Calculators support learning
- Calculators are what students will eventually use in the "real world"
- Calculators are not "smart".. students are! For example a calculator might calculate a+b*c as (a+b)*c, while the real answer is a+(b*c).
- So when should students use calculators?
- Ways of teaching students when and when not to use calculators
Back to: Adding numbers, Subtracting numbers, Multiplying numbers, Dividing numbers