|Type classification: this is a reading list resource.|
Austin, James. The Collaboration Challenge: How Nonprofits and Businesses succeed through Strategic Alliances, Jossey-Bass, 2000.
Alter, Sutia Kim. Managing the Double Bottom Line: A Business Planning Guide for Social Enterprises. Washington, D.C.: Save The Children, 2000.
Birchard, Bill. Nature's Keepers, The remarkable story of how the Nature Conservancy became the largest environmental organization in the world, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, 2005.
Bornstein, David. How to Change the World, Oxford University Press, New York, 2004.
Boschee, Jerr. The Social Enterprise Sourcebook. Minneapolis: Northland Institute, 2001.
Boschee, Jerr. Strategic marketing for social entrepreneurs adapated from a four-part series appearing originally in the Social Enterprise Reporter, October 2005 - February 2006.
Brinckerhoff, Peter C. Social Entrepreneurship: The Art of Mission-Based Venture Development. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2000.
Community Wealth Ventures, Powering Social Change: Lessons on community wealth generation for Nonprofit sustainability, 1999. Powering Social change
Dees, J. Gregory, Jed Emerson and Peter Economy. Enterprising Nonprofits: A Toolkit for Social Entrepreneurs. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
Dees, J. Gregory, Jed Emerson and Peter Economy. Strategic Tools for Social Entrepreneurs: Enhancing the Performance of Your Enterprising Nonprofit. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002.
Drucker, Peter. Managing the Nonprofit Organisation: Principles and Practices, Haper, Collins, 1992.
Emerson, Jed, and Fay Twersky. New Social Entrepreneurs: The Success, Challenge and Lessons of Non-profit Enterprise Creation. San Francisco: Roberts Foundation, Homeless Economic Development Fund, 1996.
Nicholls, Dr. Alex, ed. Social Entrepreneurship: New Paradigms of Sustainable Social Change. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006.
Patton, Rob. Managing and Measuring Social Enterprises, Sage Publications, London 2003.
Paloma Pavel, M. ed. Breakthrough Communities: Sustainability and Justice in the Next American Metropolis. MIT Press, 2009.
Shore, Bill. Revolution of the Heart, A New Strategy for Creating Wealth and Meaningful Change, Riverhead Books, New York, 1995.
Research on Social Entrepreneurship: Understanding and Contributing to an Emerging Field (Volume 1, No. 3) The third volume in ARNOVA’s Occasional Paper Series—Research on Social Entrepreneurship: Understanding and Contributing to an Emerging Field. Available through ARNOVA.
Vogel, David. The market for virtue: The Potential and Limits of Corporate Social Responsibility, Brookings, 2005. Book preview.
- Social Entrepreneurship E-Journal. This electronic journal is produced by The University Network in partnership with the Social Science Research Network (SSRN). It contains paper abstracts, course materials and publications on social entrepreneurship.
- James Austin, Howard Stevenson, Jane Wei-Skillern. "Social and Commercial Entrepreneurship: Same, Different, or Both?" (Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 30(1):1–22, 2006)
- Susan M. Davis. "Social Entrepreneurship: Towards an Entrepreneurial Culture for Social and Economic Development" (July 31, 2002)
- J. Gregory Dees. "The Meaning of Social Entrepreneurship" (October 31, 1998)
- Bill Drayton. "Everyone a Changemaker: Social Entrepreneurship's Ultimate Goal"(Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 80-96, Winter 2006)
- Manoj Joshi, S. P. Tiwari, Vindhyalaya Joshi. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Global Perspective, Competitiveness, Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation" (July 9, 2007).
- Dewan Mahboob Hossain. "Social Entrepreneurs in Bangladesh" (September 1, 2007).
- Johanna Mair and Ernesto Noboa. "Social Entrepreneurship: How Intentions to Create a Social Enterprise Get Formed" (September 2003)
- Ana María Peredo and Murdith McLean. "Social entrepreneurship: A critical review of the concept" (Journal of World Business, Volume 41, Issue 1, February 2006, Pages 56-65)
- Joshua M. Pearce, Lonny Grafman, Thomas Colledge, Ryan Legg. "Leveraging Information Technology, Social Entrepreneurship, and Global Collaboration for Just Sustainable Development" (NCIIA.org)
- John L. Thompson. "The World of the Social Entrepreneur" (Volume 15, No. 5, 2002:421-431)
- Warner P. Woodworth. "Youth-Based Social Entrepreneurship: Post-Tsunami Crisis Interventions" (March 8, 2008)
- Institute for Social Entrepreneurs - resources list.
- Institute for Social Entrepreneurs - free electronic resources and publications.
- World Resources Institute - Unreasonable People: The Power of Social Entrepreneurs