Use this page to capture insights ("ahah" experiences), quotes, comments, etc.
About Social EntrepreneursEdit
Permission to See a ProblemEdit
- "What does an entrepreneur do? The first thing is they've given themselves permission to see a problem. Most people don't want to see problems ... Once you see a problem and you keep looking at it you'll find an answer." Bill Drayton. Source: Bill Drayton on Social Entrepreneurs.
Ujorwic 10:09, 23 August 2007 (UTC)
- High motivation is essential
How does one get motivated and stay motivated? If one sees the positive results of what one is trying to do, that is a great motivator. The problem comes in when the results are not going well. How does one address this?
You need to be part of a team. I solitary person will never survive.
Having sufficient monetary resources is a key factor.
Another important aspect is to have suitable mentor to emulate and learn from.
Role models can also inspire vision and energy to go after one's dreams.
- It's about perseverance
- It requires a strong network
- The social focus demands understanding of local, provincial, state, or national interests
- Bridging Individuals need to be identified (including identifying themselves) and empowered