Geoinformatics is a science which develops and uses information science infrastructure to address the problems of geosciences and related branches of engineering.
The three main tasks of geoinformatics are:
- development and management of databases of geodata, georeferences and other GIS objects
- analysis and modeling of geodata
- development and integration of computer tools and software for the first two tasks.
Please list prerequisites here
Learning materials Edit
Related departments Edit
- Topic:Object-relational databases (ORDs) - Includes a lab that will use object-relational Database Management Systems (ORDBMS) to collect, store and organize geodata.
- Topic:Cartography - map-making and related activities ranging from simple hand-drawn maps to sophisticated computerized GIS data models.