Physics for beginners/11-the elusive ether
Fizeau used interferometry to calculate the difference between the speed of light in stationary and moving water. Interferometry is not easy to explain, and would make for a good student term-paper that could be published on some wiki:
- Wikipedia:Interferometry is long, tedious, and will be incomprehensible to most readers.
- Wikipedia:Simple:Interferometry is essentially a blank page for us to develop.
- Wikibooks:Waves/Interferometers isn't bad and worth looking at if you plan to write something different on the same topic.
- On Wikiversity we have Physics/Fringes, Physics_equations/Oscillations,_waves,_and_interference#Beats_and_group_velocity.
- To read other works by this author visit http://www.thenatureofthings.info/index.html