Openness and collaboration
Welcome to the Wikiversity learning project about openness and collaboration. This is a "Learning by doing" project where Wikiversity community members explore how to promote openness and collaboration at Wikiversity.
- Why is the content of this learning project being removed, repeatedly?
- Why was this learning project nominated for deletion?
- How are "openness", "collaboration", and "participants" defined by the Wikimedia Foundation?
- What do "openness" and "collaboration" mean to current and potential participants of Wikiversity?
- What barriers keep people from collaboration and participation at Wikiversity?
- What barriers keep Wikiversity from becoming more open?
- What are the barriers to collaboration in general?
- What reasons have past participants decided to stop collaborating and participating at Wikiversity?
- How do potential participants want to collaborate?
- Why do current participants continue to collaborate and participate at Wikiversity?
- What things do current and potential participants want Wikiversity to be more open about?
- How can Wikiversity include personal opinions that promote open and education-based debates?
- How can Wikiversity encourage participants to collaborate when a person's methods discourage collaboration?
- How can Wikiversity encourage more participation in community decisions and open discussions?
- What can Wikiversity do to resolve conflicts quicker and for longer in ways that encourage retention and increases participation in learning?
- What can Wikiversity do to make policies, practices, and the collaborative culture friendlier to increase participation in learning?
- Where do new participants first learn about Wikiversity?
- When and how do people decide to collaborate?
- When and how do people decide to participate?
- What attracts people to Wikiversity?
- What qualities promote openness?
- What qualities promote teamwork and collaboration?
- What qualities promote closeness?
- What qualities promote conflict?
Proposals for changeEdit
- Edit using your real name
- strategy.wikimedia.org, Mailing List: related discussions.
- Wikipedia article about openness
- Cultural evolution and individual development of openness and conservatism by Alberto Acerbi, Magnus Enquist and Stefano Ghirlanda.
- Do Wikimedians have few or many opportunities to learn about what disrupts Wikimedia wiki projects? A model by Pontus Strimling, Magnus Enquist and Kimmo Eriksson suggests that cultural evolution can only be adaptive when there are rich learning opportunities.
- Citizendium, a wiki branching off Wikipedia started by Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger restricts the wiki primarily to editing by experts only.
- Why academics do and do not participate on wikis