Open Educational Practices
Open Educational Practices (OEP) use Open Educational Resources (OER) for teaching and learning in order to innovate the learning process. Open educational practices are represented in teaching techniques that draw upon open technologies and high-quality OER in order to facilitate collaborative and flexible learning.
This course introduces participants to open educational practices. Topics include open educational resources, open content development, accessibility, instructional design, and open pedagogy. Open educational practices are applied throughout the course in a variety of individual and team learning activities.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation for open content and open educational practices
- Identify potential open resources for use in their educational environments
- Create and edit open resources using wikis, Pressbooks, and multimedia
- Apply accessibility and UDL concepts to open resources
- Understand and apply basic instructional design concepts
- Develop a lesson based on open educational practices for use in their classes