Nursery rhymes and songs
Nursery rhymes and songs help develop language skills as well as physical development and numeracy and are an essential part of pre-school education.
Action songs and rhymesEdit
Many songs and rhymes have a physical component.
- Wind the Bobbin Up
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- I'm a Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
- If You're Happy and You Know it
- Sleeping Bunnies
- Ring around the Rosie
- Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
- Two Little Dickie Birds
- The Grand Old Duke of York
- Do the Hokey Pokey
- Trit Trot to Boston
- Tommy Thumb / Daddy Finger
- Wheels on the Bus
- I'm a Little Teapot
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider
- One Potato, Two Potato, Three Potato, Four
- Round and Round the Garden
- What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor
Numeracy rhymes and countingEdit
Many songs involve counting up and down. These songs can help your child become comfortable with counting.